Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal Pillows Used For Titration, But...
Nasal Pillows Used For Titration, But...
Hi. When I went for the all-night  Titration part, they put nasal pillow mask on me.
After getting machine I've only needed a FFM since I'm a mouth breather, too.

Just wonder if the titration study was accurate since I'm a mouth breather, or if it doesn't matter that a nasal mask was used. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nasal Pillows Used For Titration, But...
The only possible issue with the pillows mask is mouth leaking. If that had been bad enough to cause a problem during titration they would have noticed it and fixed it by switching masks. Since they didn't do that you know there wasn't a problem.

Anyway, even if they did everything right it's very possible that a pressure different from the titration pressure will suit you better. This is only one of the many reasons why a data capable machine is a necessity.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 78 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,773 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 166 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 392 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Just bought a second hand bilevel, hoping for some help with titration? JohnnyLarueBathrobe 8 281 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.