Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Insurance / Getting first CPAP
RE: Insurance / Getting first CPAP
Go ahead and get a copy of your sleep study if you haven't already. Since you already purchased a CPAP machine you probably already have the RX. Hang on to copies of both documents, you may need them in the future. I hope your experience goes well from here on out.
Post Reply Post Reply
IT's great that you're finally on therapy and sucks that these guys (the Durable Medical Equipment supplier, or DME) can't get it in one sock enough to deal with you in a timely manner. Unfortunately, there seem to be a lot of DMEs out there for which you are an income source more than you are a patient. Sad

As noted, with your prescription, you can pretty much get supplies from where you'd like (assuming your insurance company is cool with it) and insurance'll do their thing. Keep the prescription around and have a copy with you when you travel too....CPAPs are exempt from the carry-on rules and you can take water with you (more than the 100 ml that is mandated by security in Canada and the US) if it is for the CPAP. Smile

Hopefully your future experiences will be better and if First Choice gets back to you before the next ice age, won't it be nice to be able to tell them to (politely) pound sand? Big Grin
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2016, 05:53 PM)PsychoMike Wrote: Hopefully your future experiences will be better and if First Choice gets back to you before the next ice age, won't it be nice to be able to tell them to (politely) pound sand? Big Grin

They actually called me about 20min before you posted that. Luckily for all involved I was on my way out the door from work and really not in the mood. They were very apologetic, but it was followed up with a "well, you can still get masks from us if you want."
Post Reply Post Reply
Heh, reminds me a little of my problem with Lifecare solutions. I got the OK from my insurance but I'm laid back and know things can take a couple of weeks, so waited and waited, the started making calls to the provider and was told at different times that I wasn't in their system or I was and just wait. Finally called my insurance after close to 2 months and they kept me on hold while they called the provider. Some data issue, I was kinda in their system but some info was incorrect, but the insurance worked it out (and/or resent the info) and a few hours later finally got the ball rolling.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just an FYI - get a copy of your sleep study - not just the summarized report but the raw data as well. It was good that I totally ragged my brother to do that because the hospital LOST his original study from 10 years ago, but I had the copy! They needed that to compare with his current lung function.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supplier and Insurance issues DudleyDoRight 0 54 Yesterday, 04:36 PM
Last Post: DudleyDoRight
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 215 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,675 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 316 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 336 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 3,010 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 458 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.