Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Interpretation of ResMed S9 Autoset results
RE: Interpretation of ResMed S9 Autoset results
(11-19-2014, 07:12 AM)welshmike Wrote: Those 41 seconds of Centrals may look alarming but are possibly the result of my Beta blocker and other medication and my past training in underwater breath holding. I'm not alarmed them (edit: those Centrals) but must eliminate those Obstructives.

Hi welshmike,

There is quicky-varying Leak (spikes) right before each 44 second central. This is a little suspicious, because sometimes quickly-varying Leak can fool the machine into scoring a false CA.

Below are given ResScan instructions on how to change the scales on the graphs to see more detail near these events, to see if those two centrals were flagged validly:

For the bottom (detailed data) window, I suggest changing the vertical scale on Flow to -100 to +100, or perhaps -80 to +80, so it is easier to see what is happening close to the zero-crossing line (vertical axis). This is done in the Tools/Options pull-down menu.

After that, in the bottom (detailed data) window, move the whole Leak graph vertically until it is between the Event graph and the Flow graph. This is done with mouse by dragging left-hand legend area of Leak up or down, and drop it next to Flow. (Don't start the move until first hovering over the legend area until mouse changes to a drag handle.)

Then, in top (navagation) window, use mouse to click on one of the 44 second central apneas, so that the bottom detailed graphs will be centered on that event.

Then, in bottom (detailed data) window, zoom in the horizontal scale until only 5 minutes or less fills the screen horizontally, and look to see whether the quickly-varying Leak caused the Flow to be blown off its zero axis, causing the machine to falsely score a CA until the Flow drifted back and again become vertically centered across the Flow zero-crossing axis.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks vsheline,

I've has a first bugled attempt at following your instructions and will go through them carefully again.

Mike
Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Cousins
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also try SleepyHead which is a little easier to use. Download link is at the top of every page.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 406 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 155 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 227 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 115 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 102 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 180 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,157 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.