[CPAP] Interpretation of ResMed S9 Autoset results
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

Sex: Male

RE: Interpretation of ResMed S9 Autoset results
(11-19-2014 07:12 AM)welshmike Wrote:  Those 41 seconds of Centrals may look alarming but are possibly the result of my Beta blocker and other medication and my past training in underwater breath holding. I'm not alarmed them (edit: those Centrals) but must eliminate those Obstructives.

Hi welshmike,

There is quicky-varying Leak (spikes) right before each 44 second central. This is a little suspicious, because sometimes quickly-varying Leak can fool the machine into scoring a false CA.

Below are given ResScan instructions on how to change the scales on the graphs to see more detail near these events, to see if those two centrals were flagged validly:

For the bottom (detailed data) window, I suggest changing the vertical scale on Flow to -100 to +100, or perhaps -80 to +80, so it is easier to see what is happening close to the zero-crossing line (vertical axis). This is done in the Tools/Options pull-down menu.

After that, in the bottom (detailed data) window, move the whole Leak graph vertically until it is between the Event graph and the Flow graph. This is done with mouse by dragging left-hand legend area of Leak up or down, and drop it next to Flow. (Don't start the move until first hovering over the legend area until mouse changes to a drag handle.)

Then, in top (navagation) window, use mouse to click on one of the 44 second central apneas, so that the bottom detailed graphs will be centered on that event.

Then, in bottom (detailed data) window, zoom in the horizontal scale until only 5 minutes or less fills the screen horizontally, and look to see whether the quickly-varying Leak caused the Flow to be blown off its zero axis, causing the machine to falsely score a CA until the Flow drifted back and again become vertically centered across the Flow zero-crossing axis.

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2014 11:46 AM by vsheline.)
11-19-2014 11:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
welshmike Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: ResMed
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 4.0 to 10.0
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Thanks vsheline,

I've has a first bugled attempt at following your instructions and will go through them carefully again.

Mike

Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Cousins
11-20-2014 04:51 AM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

You can also try SleepyHead which is a little easier to use. Download link is at the top of every page.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
11-20-2014 06:15 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Waiting for sleep study results...got Pulse Ox in the meanwhile jds2001 10 264 12-01-2016 03:13 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Is this sound normal? - Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Ronberta 8 1,218 11-29-2016 07:59 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
Question First Machine, First Night, First results..Help please? SJGino 9 385 11-18-2016 11:55 PM
Last Post: SJGino
  Flow Rate Interpretation nadprok 2 216 11-13-2016 06:08 PM
Last Post: nadprok
  Is my ResMed S9 Autoset dying? gkainz 10 507 11-09-2016 11:35 AM
Last Post: gkainz
  [Equipment] Resmed S10 Autoset Humidifier question keithb4158 6 388 11-02-2016 05:13 AM
Last Post: keithb4158
  Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP data versus Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset data David P. 4 524 10-29-2016 08:42 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred