Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New: DreamStation Go portable PAP
New: DreamStation Go portable PAP
I just noticed this and had not seen it here before.  Phillips claims:

• Half of the size of Philips’ current PAP machines

• Features micro-flexible tubing, designed to minimize bulk and improve mobility while you sleep

• Compact, lightweight and slim profile offers convenience while traveling

• Designed for easy airport screening

• Available rechargeable battery for travel “off the grid”

• Simple touch screen technology and USB port for mobile device charging

• Convenient travel bag accessory available
[Image: device-dreamstation-go.png?1485815757]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New: DreamStation Go portable PAP
Oooooo, Pretty! Looks like it isn't available quite yet, though. Wonder what the price difference will be for the travel battery for this, or the "regular" DreamStation.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2017, 07:26 PM)JinMHK Wrote: Oooooo, Pretty!  Looks like it isn't available quite yet, though.  Wonder what the price difference will be for the travel battery for this, or the "regular" DreamStation.

It's a very nice machine!  I bet the "available battery" is the current battery from philips.
Post Reply Post Reply
I find the "micro-flexible tubing" interesting as the tube and mask take up considerable room when travelling.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be interesting to compare this to the new Resmed Airmini but I don't think there is very much info on that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2017, 09:22 PM)C0mbe Wrote: It would be interesting to compare this to the new Resmed Airmini but I don't think there is very much info on that.

It's probably not a coincidence that both companies are coming out with a competitive entry in the travel category.  Just a guess, but I would bet Philips stays with a 12 volt scheme that will be more flexible in non-proprietary batteries and cables vs Resmed, which I expect will retain the 24 volt power and need for their proprietary system.  This could make a huge dollar difference in the full system.  I also wonder if these have external power supplies, and whether they are also down-sized.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I notice the Respironics name is missing. Is this a new trend by Philips to consolidate their branding?

The narrow hose is interesting - it's the hose, mask and power brick which take up the most space when travelling, so any moves to reduce the bulk of these items would be welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply
PAP, as in CPAP and APAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
I dunno what the big deal is. Airing will kick butt and fit in your pocket when traveling. No hoses, no masks, no hassle. Just a minor inconvenience due to the fact that they don't have a prototype yet. But hey. Keep sending them money and CPAP will be come obsolete. Give it about 200 years and we'll see that prototype!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Portable Backup Power for Outages Craige 4 570 10-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Craige
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,004 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  Which cable for portable power supply? AndyJay2023 1 661 07-21-2023, 03:34 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  Is there a quiet portable CPAP machine? mcman56 0 461 07-18-2023, 10:02 PM
Last Post: mcman56
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,713 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,534 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation & Dreamstation Go Different AHI? Thedudefino 2 1,304 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Thedudefino

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.