Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Sleep on S9 Autoset
First Sleep on S9 Autoset
Thank you for this board and all of the great information on here. I got my S9 AutoSet today and took a 3 hour nap this evening to test it out. I have a full face mask because I have a deviated septum. Thank you to those that educated me on what to demand in the earlier post. I will say I feel lucky because I seem to have a good DME with a really nice respiratory therapist.

I changed the settings from a constant 14 to a range of 7-16 and noticed that after three hours it was at a pressure of 9.4. The therapist suggested that he thought everyone ahould be on an auto range so he agrees with others on this board. SharePoint far the full face mask worked with a smiley face as far as leakage goes. We will see how a full night goes but so far so good.

I do have to say both today and in my titration study I feel like I'm not fully asleep and that my brain is thinking but 3 hours went by so I must have been sleeping. Maybe I'm just dreaming? I normally don't dream so this is odd for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First Sleep on S9 Autoset
That is great news!! After a 3 hour nap, you may be up late!! lol
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2013, 08:50 PM)me50 Wrote: That is great news!! After a 3 hour nap, you may be up late!! lol

That would be a great problem. I was sleeping 9 hours at night and then taking a 2-3 hour nap after work then falling back asleep at 10pm again. It's hard to have much of a life sleeping so much :-(. I'm hopeful that the CPAP will help me live on 8-9 hours of sleep and not be so tired!
Post Reply Post Reply
I would love to have a healthy sleep of 8 hours without waking up every 2 hours!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi TiredinFL,
I'm sure glad you were able to get an S9AutoSet and that you have a good DME and respiratory therapist.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2013, 09:32 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi TiredinFL,
I'm sure glad you were able to get an S9AutoSet and that you have a good DME and respiratory therapist.

Thank you Trish.....Me50. I would think that would be frustrating. I always feel like I sleeping, I just have disturbances up 70 times an hour. I usually wake up 2-3 times a night to go to the bathroom but them back to bed. Have you tried talking to the doctor to see if there is something else they can do?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2013, 10:12 PM)TiredinFL Wrote:
(09-06-2013, 09:32 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi TiredinFL,

Thank you Trish.....Me50. I would think that would be frustrating. I always feel like I sleeping, I just have disturbances up 70 times an hour. I usually wake up 2-3 times a night to go to the bathroom but them back to bed. Have you tried talking to the doctor to see if there is something else they can do?

I did talk with a doctor about this and he told me to just stay in bed for the amount of time I was sleeping and then when that time was up, whether I had slept or not, to get up and don't go back to bed until it was time to sleep at night. Well, that is impossible to do b/c without any sleep, it wouldn't be safe to drive and I have to do be able to drive safely, at least on some days when I have an appointment, etc. I am hoping that getting the auto set next week will make me feel more secure about taking medication that may help me stay asleep. I have been sleeping for 2 hours and waking up for over 7 years (prior to getting the CPAP machine) now.

You said you don't normally dream. I wonder if your sleep study showed if you went into REM sleep. Mine showed I did not go into REM sleep during the sleep study but I do have dreams but not that often. Am curious to see how your first night on the CPAP did for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
My first night was pretty good. I woke up a few times with a leak, messing with the mask, etc. but according to my wife I was so quite she had to check if I was actually there. I checked my report this morning and it said my AHI was 0.6 and it listed my pressure at 11.2 (is this the average?) and my leakage was given a smiley face :-). Overall it was pretty easy to use and I didn't have some of the issues I've read about on the forum.

Me50......My sleep tech said never to stay in bed awake for more than 15 minutes. Get up and go somewhere quite, read a book, etc until you can fall back asleep. He said not to watch TV in bed, read or anything other than sleep and intimacy. I don't know if that helps but I thought I'd share.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using ResMed CPAP for a few months. It was set at 3.0 to 15.0....It seems I wake up with it blowing full blast, but my chest seems full and sometimes chest sore....The PT that set it up said on the Auto it is usually a high setting of 13.0 but she went to 15.0...what do most people average. I know it depends on apnea severity and weight...I do wake up sometimes, and sometimes have leakage....new to the forum...thanks...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 113 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 185 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  AutoSet for Her Mode brainfoggysleeper 4 222 02-25-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,315 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 792 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,368 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 Autoset or S11 Autoset? The Latinist 3 1,848 02-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: tomtiki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.