Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Is my i5 humidifier working?
Is my i5 humidifier working?
How can I be sure?

Connected to an S9 AutoSet, it shows no error but:

1) water level does not appear to go down at all overnight
2) my throat is dry

I'm using ClimateLine tubing.

Is there a clever way to verify that the humidity is actually there?
If it isn't, what are my choices?
Bought mine used from SecondWind CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is my i5 humidifier working?
I posted today some links in this thread might answer your questions, post #11
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...set?page=2

As for dry throat ... mouth leaks, you need to keep mouth closed with nasal pillows and nasal masks
you might need a chinstrap to keep mouth closed
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2014, 02:53 AM)zonk Wrote: As for dry throat ... mouth leaks, you need to keep mouth closed with nasal pillows and nasal masks
you might need a chinstrap to keep mouth closed
Agree with zonk. Since adding a chin strap, I never have a dry mouth and I removed my humidifier several months ago with no negative impact on my therapy.

Post Reply Post Reply
It's definitely not heating.
Tried the warmup test in the ResMed video -- nothing.
Also, last few nights smelled funny.

Will SecondWind replace it?
It's possible it never worked.
Post Reply Post Reply
Contact them ASAP. They will probably walk you through the testing process again over the phone.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2014, 06:40 AM)Tabbycat Wrote: It's definitely not heating.
Tried the warmup test in the ResMed video -- nothing.
Also, last few nights smelled funny.

Will SecondWind replace it?
It's possible it never worked.
If only been smelly last few nights and not before, it might run out of water one night and the metal plate overheated

They would replace the humidifier or/and the tank if defective, its covered by the warranty, they have different warranties for new and used machines. We cannot tell if it never worked but if water level in the morning is less than the night before .. might indicate it was working
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2014, 06:19 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Contact them ASAP. They will probably walk you through the testing process again over the phone.

I did, and they're sending a new(er) one.
So I'll have to live with dry air till Friday.

Course it looks like I've actually been doing that for nearly a year anyway ....

Post Reply Post Reply
Well my "newer" i5 humidifier arrived.
Plugged it in for the test.

Nothing.

Orange light comes on, Warming Up bar progresses, but warming plate is stone cold.

What now?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2014, 12:51 AM)Tabbycat Wrote: Well my "newer" i5 humidifier arrived.
Plugged it in for the test.

Nothing.

Orange light comes on, Warming Up bar progresses, but warming plate is stone cold.

What now?

Just my guess but it might be time to check out your power supply brick. If it is not supplying enough current, I would guess that the heater will not work.

If you have a local DME you could probably take it in and have them hook it up with one of their power supplies and see if it works.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2014, 11:00 AM)PaytonA Wrote: Just my guess but it might be time to check out your power supply brick. If it is not supplying enough current, I would guess that the heater will not work.

If you have a local DME you could probably take it in and have them hook it up with one of their power supplies and see if it works.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
From Supplier #1: Power Supply
The S9 Series can use (2) different Power Supply units, a 30 Watt or 90 Watt external brick. S9 machines come standard with a 90 Watt Power Supply that can power the CPAP machine and Humidifier. The 30 Watt Power Supply will only operate the CPAP machine and the humidifier will act as a passover.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 95 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 178 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 199 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.