Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BiPap Question
BiPap Question
I am getting a new BiPap; I am looking at the AirCurve from Resmed. Does anyone have experience and which model should I get? Any other advice?
Sleep well my friends!
Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BiPap Question
I have no experience with the Aircurve 10 models but I am using the S9 VPAP (bilevel) Auto. I have used it for extended periods of time in the straight bilevel mode. i like the machine very much. My bilevel pressure is 20/16. I find that it transitions very smoothly from EPAP to IPAP and vice versa. My machine is quiet but there have been numerous reports of noisy machines in the A10 series. Much of the noise problems seem to emanate from seals that are picky about positioning.

I am sure that you will get some better info as others read your question.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Aircurve 10, but have not used any other brand. With my limited experience the Aircurve 10 does everything that I need.

Regarding noise there is a thread on Reddit about a bad batch of water chambers that got out around March of this year that caused noise.

I never had one of those but mine has made noise twice and both times it was from the silicon seal on the lid of the water tank not being clean AND dry before being put back into the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is only one AirCurve bilevel model and it is an auto. I am very happy with mine.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2015, 01:52 PM)MobileBasset Wrote: There is only one AirCurve bilevel model and it is an auto. I am very happy with mine.

Aren't there three Aircurve VPAP models? Their website shows the S, ST and VAuto models.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2015, 02:10 PM)ramblingasian Wrote:
(10-20-2015, 01:52 PM)MobileBasset Wrote: There is only one AirCurve bilevel model and it is an auto. I am very happy with mine.

Aren't there three Aircurve VPAP models? Their website shows the S, ST and VAuto models.

That is correct. The S machine is a fixed pressure bilevel. The ST is the same; but offers a Timed backup rate for transitioning between EPAP and IPAP.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Not to mention the ASVs that I think are all bilevels.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day pogosix. More information is needed, please. As mentioned above there are a number of different Aircurve machines - they are all bilevel but they all have different purposes. Without knowing what your diagnosis is, and why you have been prescribed a bilevel machine, we can't possibly make a recommendation.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 201 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  CPAP to BiPAP... Korndog 22 1,152 02-19-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Korndog
  candidate for bipap??? eok361 6 439 02-17-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: eok361
  [CPAP] Help with bipap settings airwaystent 25 1,553 01-29-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  bipap Innisfree 2 415 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  New to BIPAP, how does my data look? slaynie 4 519 12-11-2023, 12:11 PM
Last Post: slaynie
  new to bipap want the best experiance bssford460 3 520 11-16-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.