Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Is my new A10 defected or is the noise normal?
RE: Is my new A10 defected or is the noise normal?
I cannot see how could be the seal, even if the seal isn't properly in place, it'll get seated in place when you close the lid, otherwise the lid will not close. I'll checked it out later
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2015, 11:58 AM)kepSleep Wrote: After 9 years using an H&P 600 with heated hose and set at 13, it was time for a new CPAP as it was starting to leak at the humidifier connection?
I just received my new Resmed AirSense A10 Autoset. My recent sleep study required by my insurance company said my fixed pressure should be 8. Given my pressure of 13 for the past 9 years, my ENT wrote the prescription for a setting of 4 -18.
I cannot see any reason for the 4-18, 4 seem too low for me as starting pressure as you were at 13 for the last 9 years and new sleep study recommend 8. Whenever the machine adjust pressure in response to events, pressure will makes its way towards the minimum setting as things quieted down and that constant swing can be disruptive. I would prefer the minimum pressure close to my CPAP pressure YMMV
Why are you seeing ENT, do you have any problems with your nose

Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk:
In regards to "I cannot see how could be the seal, even if the seal isn't properly in place, it'll get seated in place when you close the lid, otherwise the lid will not close. I'll checked it out later"
I have had times when my chamber was closed, but when I push it into the A10, it was not seated correctly and thus made noise, which can vary as you breathe. Pushing it in for a tighter fit, always fixes the noise.

As to your response to my posting:
1) On my one month checkup, we changed the setting to be between 8 and 15, rather than the default 4-18. I typically get less than a 2 event index, so I'm guessing that narrowing the range any further will not help much.
2) Why do you believe ENT is for nose only. The ENT doctor that I see specializes in sleeping disorders. I have more faith in him than I do the doctor who oversaw the two sleep studies I did (which I never saw or spoke to). Quite frankly I still do not believe the prescribed fixed setting was 8. I think it is closer to my old prescription of 13 and it appears that is what the A10 typically approaches. Going to an ENT allows the same doctor to treat my apnea as well as monitor allergies and throat issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2015, 02:33 PM)kepSleep Wrote: 1) On my one month checkup, we changed the setting to be between 8 and 15, rather than the default 4-18. I typically get less than a 2 event index, so I'm guessing that narrowing the range any further will not help

The thinking behind trying a narrower pressure range is that AHI is not everything. The goal here is restful sleep, and pressure changes can keep you from achieving that. (notice I said *can* not *will* - everybody's different Smile ) In some, pressure changes can actually cause CA events, but even when they don't they might be causing sleep to be less deep and satisfying.

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2015, 02:33 PM)kepSleep Wrote: 2) Why do you believe ENT is for nose only. The ENT doctor that I see specializes in sleeping disorders.
I suppose its all connected, but I wasn't asking about that, hence the question ...
"Why are you seeing ENT, do you have any problems with your nose"
Post Reply Post Reply
I purchased an AirSense 10 Autoset, (refurb). I can't hear if it's running. Big change from the "Brick" I used for 10 years. Suggest you send yours back, sounds like somethings wrong with it. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu
Love your family, treat your friend(s) well, and don't waste your time. Everything else is just so much BS. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like the A10 has an issue with the seal. Multiple complaints on multiple boards about the same problem. Hope ResMed offers a fix to current users and fixes the problem going forward.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2015, 11:58 AM)kepSleep Wrote: My new Resmed AirSense A10 Autoset is much noisier than my old H&P SleepStyle 600. Is this normal or is my A10 defective?

After 9 years using an H&P 600 with heated hose and set at 13, it was time for a new CPAP as it was starting to leak at the humidifier connection?
I just received my new Resmed AirSense A10 Autoset. My recent sleep study required by my insurance company said my fixed pressure should be 8. Given my pressure of 13 for the past 9 years, my ENT wrote the prescription for a setting of 4 -18.

Except for the recent leaky humidifier, I had no problem with the H&P 600. Thought it was not noisy and after switching from FX nasal pillows to the new P10, the entire setup in very quiet and was reading reports about the S9 and the A10 about how quiet they were, so never expected an issue.

I have been using my A10 now for two nights. At the starting pressure of 4, it is indeed very quiet. But when I woke up in the night after 5 hours, the APAP was at a higher pressure (around 14) and was very noisy. First night I could not fall back asleep and actually went back to my H&P 600 for the remainder of the night. Last night I was able to go back to sleep and stayed on the A10.

The noise does not appear to be from the fan but instead is more of a whistle whose pitch and volume increases as the pressure increases. Every time I inhale and exhale I hear the whistle go up and down like a British siren. I think if it stayed a constant pitch it would not bother me as much, but this siren sound is disruptive. At the low pressure of 4, I can hear the whistle, but the pitch and volume is so low, it is hardly audible.

Is this normal?
(I looked at the settings last night thinking that EPR might be causing it, but was already off.)
Or
Is my unit defective? and thus I should return it to the DME. (which I am not looking forward to, because they are terrible...wished I had used another DME).

Has anyone here found that with the A10 when breathing in the A10 produced a much louder sound than when breathing out?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2015, 07:35 PM)otrpu Wrote: I purchased an AirSense 10 Autoset, (refurb). I can't hear if it's running. Big change from the "Brick" I used for 10 years. Suggest you send yours back, sounds like somethings wrong with it. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

How did you get a refurbished one and how much did it cost?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2015, 02:28 AM)Doctor Wrote: Has anyone here found that with the A10 when breathing in the A10 produced a much louder sound than when breathing out?

Yes I can definitely hear myself inhaling but not exhaling. I'm on an A10 Elite though, not an Autoset if that makes any difference.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 34 Yesterday, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 111 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 333 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
  erratic flow rate graph on ASV normal? jaredihnen 2 242 01-24-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: jaredihnen
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 578 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Noise tblaster 4 329 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: tblaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.