Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Is there a right angle, swivel, or rotation adapter available for Dreamstation 2?
Is there a right angle, swivel, or rotation adapter available for Dreamstation 2?
One thing that is worse about the DS2 versus the DS1 is that the tubing exits in the wrong direction and doesn't swivel.  I notice a bit more tangling due to this.  Is there some sort of adapter for the DS2 that would make the tubing exit facing upward, and ideally swivel or rotate to reduce tension on the tubing?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is there a right angle, swivel, or rotation adapter available for Dreamstation 2?
If you use heated tubing there is likely no kind of adapter available. Possibly there may be a generic swivel adapter for a non-heated tubing, but I haven't looked for one.

My own 'fix' for the tubing exiting the wrong side of the machine was to place it 'backwards' on my nightstand. This also lends itself to more easily removing the water chamber from the 'front'.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is there a right angle, swivel, or rotation adapter available for Dreamstation 2?
Yep, I place it backwards like that too, but the tubing exit still doesn't face me (to the side, and up).  BTW I use non-heated tubing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Google this.... "cpap tubing angle adapter"

There are a few hits and evidently Philips Respironics makes one. Didn't see any that swivel on the end, but further searching may find one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried that, but the results that come up have ends that mate with masks, not the CPAP machine.  But thanks for looking!
Post Reply Post Reply
This is one I found which I'm pretty sure goes between the CPAP and hose. It mentions 'impact' on the electrical connection which would be at the CPAP machine end.

(not sure if this will get flagged for show the CPAP dealer watermark in the image)

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed Watermarked Image.  Search for "Tubing Angle Adapter for CPAP and BiPAP" on Supplier #1

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  I found the black slightly-more-than-90-degree adapter made by Philips.  There was another supplier besides #1 in the google ads that offered free shipping on the $6.75 product.  I ordered it.  

There were also 2-packs of 90 degree adapters in milky-white plastic that say they are for Resmed, on a large famous online shopping site.  They probably should fit, but I only need one and the they cost more so I didn't go that route.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 627 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  Adapter Plugs for International Travel TiredOne789 6 1,005 10-09-2023, 07:46 PM
Last Post: taylorgtr
  12 volt battery adapter for Philips Respironics CPAP DreamStation Tech6 9 958 09-04-2023, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Apneaway
  Q-lite Muffler to AirMini Mask Adapter Availability?? mcman56 0 833 07-14-2023, 09:45 AM
Last Post: mcman56
  OT SD Card adapter? sauerkraut 6 554 04-05-2023, 05:30 AM
Last Post: DaveCar
  Resmed air mini adapter rayks 2 986 03-12-2023, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  [Equipment] 914 Gadgets Airsense 11/AirMini usb-c adapter non-functional RadRayven 2 1,197 11-21-2022, 01:44 PM
Last Post: MoarSleepPlz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.