Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Issues
CPAP Issues
Hi all,

I've been using CPAP for a little over a month now.  I initially used an AirTouch F20 medium, but it was too small and I didn't like the memory foam, so now I'm using an AirFit F20 Large.  I am right in between sizes between medium and large.  The large does fit better, but I still think there is a fit problem.  I have been able to use the system all night, but I still keep waking up several times a night, and I'm still dead tired during the day.  For the past two nights I've stopped using the machine the first time wake up in the night.  The first night I did this I got 5 hours usage, and last night was just over 3 hours.  I am thinking perhaps I just started 'all-in' and didn't give myself time to get used to the system.  Has anyone else had to cut back on usage after awhile and gradually build up to all night?  I don't want to stop because I know that it can take time for CPAP to have positive effects, but I'm so frustrated right now that it's more of a stress than anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Issues
My advice is to wear the mask all the time you're sleeping. That way you will adapt faster and feel better sooner. Get some sleeping pills if you need them to get you through this rough patch. You will come out on the other side feeling better than you have in years.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Issues
To get used to the machine some users will wear it while sitting watching TV (an hour or two before bedtime).  Then put it back on when you go to bed.    Might help you acclimate quicker.

If you have to meet compliance for usage (insurance or job related) then you will likely need to get at least 4 hours of usage a night.  It does take a little getting used to but hopefully it will be a quick transition for you...
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 211 4 hours ago
Last Post: Luka07
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 110 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 157 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 217 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 253 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.