Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Jo1cpap - Therapy Thread
RE: Jo1cpap - Therapy Thread
It's pretty hard to replicate CSR with just stress. A real solution to the centrals and this periodic breathing is ASV. That might open the door for an evaluation of left ventricular ejection fraction to verify better than 45% LVEF to qualify for ASV. We have no idea what kind of cardiac workup you have had.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your response to fast vs slow onset is unclear. Sounds like some stuff was slow but that there was a significant change last September. Prior to September were you still able to work? Was the chest pain, inability to exercise etc present or did that all happen after that point? In short I am trying to understand if your debilitating symptoms are short term.

It appears you have been on CPAP for about a year which would be prior to September. Does your OSCAR data show any changes in central apnea or your bradypnea over that time? If these symptoms were new as of September that would be clinically relevant. If the central apnea was treatment emergent I would expect it to have been higher earlier on and decline over time.

Seeing a screenshot of your OSCAR overview tab with the range set to last year might help us see/interpret any changes over this time. Most important charts would be the AHI, Usage, Tidal Volume, Minute Ventilation and Respiration Rate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Geer1, all of these questions seem like good ones for the OP to answer as he gathers information for his doctor. I’m skeptical whether we on the forum have an additional role beyond that to play at this point. Any thoughts about that?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

I'm still waiting for a meeting with the sleep doctor.
In the meantime.
What could be happening with my breath based on this flow rate?

Thanks,

Johan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I might be missing something, but this looks to me like asleep breathing with a couple of sighs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some inconsistent breaths either from rem sleep effects or because you were awake (or partly awake).
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

I was awake.
Just curious about the irregular shape. (steep decline)
I compared with the shapes in the guide and was not sure.

Thanks,

Johan
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure what you mean by "steep decline." If you were awake, your breathing was irregular in places.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Dormeo,

I'm just curious about the shape. (trying to understand)
Looking in detail I see inhale for 10 seconds and exhale in a fraction of a second.
I can't imagine me breathing out that fast.
(steep decline = fast breathing out : my mother language is not english as you probably already noticed)

Kind regards,

Johan
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m still not seeing what you’re describing. Your inhalations are the curves above the red line, and your exhalations are below the line. Pauses between breaths oscillate right around the line. For purposes of calculating your ratio of inhalation time to exhalation time, the pauses are counted as part of the exhalation.

Does any of that help?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 836 1 hour ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,082 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 176 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,363 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.