Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Just bought my CPAP and need some help
Just bought my CPAP and need some help
I just bought my ResMed 10 Autoset and I need some help before I start.

I did the Sleep test then moved to another country, so I dont have a Doctor, and I bought the CPAP myself and doing everything.

1) Whats tha max and min preassure I should add to my setting?

2) How often should I clean my hose, mumidifier, and mask? (I know I can google it but I see different opinions)

3) How often should I change my hose, humidifier, mask, and filter?

4) How do I use the software everyone here uses to make sure my CPAP is working correctly?

[Image: IMG-E1730.jpg]

[Image: SYZZE1026.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just bought my CPAP and need some help
Welcome to the board. I will give you some suggestions.

Download OSCAR from the top of the site it is totally free as is everything on this site. Look at the last link in my signature on charts it gives a lot of info on OSCAR.

Cleaning can be done once a week with water and dish detergent. Nothing special just wash and hang up to dry.

Go to YouTube and search for your Cpap and find out how to set the pressures and EPR. Easy to do but you need to see how the clinician menu is hidden but easy to get to when you know how.

I would start with these settings
Min 8
Max 20
EPR 3

You need a SD card 2gb to 32gb. You don’t need one larger - get the cheapest you can find. You have to have it in the machine WHILE you sleep to get the data for OSCAR.

AS far as when to change things out. Filter once a month. All the rest can last a year but to start with get the first set ASAP so you have backups if anyone of them goes bad. You will not want to wait a couple of days to get a replacement.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty much agree with Stacey, but will suggest a lower starting pressure range.
Mode: Autoset Standard
Minimum Pressure 7.0
Maximum Pressure 14.0
EPR: On full time
EPR Setting: 3

Cleaning of hose, soap and water, monthly and allow to dry.
Cleaning of humidifier chamber: If you use tap water, empty and wipe out daily, inspect and clean once per week.
Cleaning of mask: Cushion daily or every other day, mask weekly with soap and water.
Filter: change monthly or as needed with new filter. This does not get washed.

Be sure your machine as a SD card as Stacey said, and download Oscar. There are instructions in my signature link for organizing charts and attaching the images on the forum. Good luck. You got a great machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
offinthejungl,
A new thread has been started for you here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-some-help
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2021, 04:01 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Pretty much agree with Stacey, but will suggest a lower starting pressure range.
Mode: Autoset Standard
Minimum Pressure 7.0
Maximum Pressure 14.0
EPR: On full time
EPR Setting: 3

Cleaning of hose, soap and water, monthly and allow to dry.
Cleaning of humidifier chamber: If you use tap water, empty and wipe out daily, inspect and clean once per week.
Cleaning of mask: Cushion daily or every other day, mask weekly with soap and water.
Filter: change monthly or as needed with new filter.  This does not get washed.

Be sure your machine as a SD card as Stacey said, and download Oscar. There are instructions in my signature link for organizing charts and attaching the images on the forum.  Good luck. You got a great machine.

My Doctor says preassure is 6

You said 7 and max 14

Stacey said 8 with max 20

So im not sure what preassure I should add im new at this!

Or will we know the true numbers when I use the OSCAR program?
Post Reply Post Reply
The numbers is what you set your Cpap to using the clinician menu on your Cpap. 

Sleeprider and mine are very close to the same. 7 or 8 min is not much difference in pressure at all. 

14 and 20 are a bit apart but the autoset will not go up to the max unless it needs to. Go with 14 that would be fine. 

Both said EPR 3

So again our suggestions are not a lot of difference.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2021, 08:48 PM)staceyburke Wrote: The numbers is what you set your Cpap to using the clinician menu on your Cpap. 

Sleeprider and mine are very close to the same. 7 or 8 min is not much difference in pressure at all. 

14 and 20 are a bit apart but the autoset will not go up to the max unless it needs to. Go with 14 that would be fine. 

Both said EPR 3

So again our suggestions are not a lot of difference.

Ok thank you all for the help and replying

And once I use the OSCAR program ill know if things are working good or not right?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're using a Windows based PC, sometime after you wake in the morning, take your SD card out of the PAP and insert it into your computer's SD card reader. Start OSCAR and import from the SD. While looking at Oscar's Daily Details tab, you'll want standard charts. Most preferred chart order unless it's something special, Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leaks, Flow Limit. Again assumed on Windows PC, push F12 to snap a shot of it.

Next, you'll Reply to this thread of yours. Type your info into the textbox. Below that is the New Attachment area. Clock on Choose File, then once you have that recent OSCAR file chosen, Add Attachment, wait for the upload in the background, then click Insert Into Post. You'll see code like this [attachment=XXXXX] Tap Preview Post to see if it's like you want and then the Post Reply button.

When you post the chart, tell us how you feel for using the PAP, and if there's questions about therapy. We'll reply, commenting on OSCAR, your comments. This guides you to better results.

[attachment=37793]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-09-2021, 01:55 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: If you're using a Windows based PC, sometime after you wake in the morning, take your SD card out of the PAP and insert it into your computer's SD card reader. Start OSCAR and import from the SD. While looking at Oscar's Daily Details tab, you'll want standard charts. Most preferred chart order unless it's something special, Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leaks, Flow Limit. Again assumed on Windows PC, push F12 to snap a shot of it.

Next, you'll Reply to this thread of yours. Type your info into the textbox. Below that is the New Attachment area. Clock on Choose File, then once you have that recent OSCAR file chosen, Add Attachment, wait for the upload in the background, then click Insert Into Post. You'll see code like this [attachment=XXXXX] Tap Preview Post to see if it's like you want and then the Post Reply button.

When you post the chart, tell us how you feel for using the PAP, and if there's questions about therapy. We'll reply, commenting on OSCAR, your comments. This guides you to better results.

English is not my first language so I didnt really understand what to do..

Is there a video toturial for how to use Quest to make it easier for me?
Post Reply Post Reply
Go to YouTube and search “how to use Oscar”
There are several there. There my ne one in your native language but if not I think they will help even in English
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Just bought a second hand bilevel, hoping for some help with titration? JohnnyLarueBathrobe 8 329 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP - and I bought a NIB machine in the secondary market SaveItTilLater 23 1,851 03-17-2023, 02:50 PM
Last Post: SaveItTilLater
  Just Bought Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset - gave up waiting for Phillips! VolvoFan 14 1,588 12-22-2021, 10:10 AM
Last Post: socalsleeper
  [split] Just bought my CPAP and need some help offinthejungle 2 635 12-08-2021, 06:08 PM
Last Post: offinthejungle
  Need help self bought machine need pressure settings advice/ear pain/snoring rylee1031 0 617 10-12-2021, 11:25 AM
Last Post: rylee1031
  Bought a vauto out-of-pocket -- how much do I tell the cpap police? cathyf 10 1,283 07-11-2021, 09:42 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  DME supplier only replaces parts for mask bought from them (Medicare/Insurance) plakky 14 1,450 06-01-2021, 12:57 AM
Last Post: plakky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.