Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Just something new I learned.
RE: Just something new I learned.
I would go with TorontoCPAPguy on this one or Ghost. Use humidity rather than additives to the water. Much wiser, I think.

I had a joke about a Passover humidifier, but I forgot it... something to do with Matzoh and bitter Herbs..... never mind....
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2014, 11:51 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: ...Hot air seems to make swelling worse for me...

Heat always makes swelling worse in the nasal passages since it increases vasodilation.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the Vapo Steam. I found the smell somewhat soothing, but I did not notice any appreciable reduction in congestion. Be advised not to use more than 4-5 drops in the H5. That stuff is strong. I've been doing the saline flush, and I find the menthol scent seems to keep the sinus open long enough to fall asleep. I do believe getting the sinus cleared before therapy is the key.

I did get with a new DME. I'm using an Airfit F10 FFM instead of the Quatro Mirage. It is much less claustrophobic since the nose and forehead piece has been eliminated.
Post Reply Post Reply
I find this interesting. I have tried using my humidifier but it's too much for me. I like cool air to breath when sleeping. I do fill my humidifier but don't turn it on. I have tried turning it on low but I wake up with a wet nose which I hate. I have tried some of the aromatherapy things but nothing seems to help the congestion. I have thought about trying the V*cks but didn't. I might try the steam stuff and see what happens.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What I've learned (tips for a new user) chrisiscitrus 1 853 11-11-2020, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  How to qualify for medicare- what I have learned eajeff 14 2,147 02-24-2020, 03:04 PM
Last Post: eajeff
  What is learned in a 'nap study"? oldfart59 11 2,268 02-05-2018, 08:05 PM
Last Post: oldfart59
  Just learned I have sleep apnea, waiting to hear full results of sleep study SleeplessInOklahoma 18 4,691 09-06-2016, 04:41 PM
Last Post: livingwithapnea
  What I learned today about mini-apneas and fatigue or why SH is the bomb Mark Douglas 44 13,414 07-02-2016, 07:28 AM
Last Post: silverny1
Smile [Treatment] what I have learned calliopy2 17 3,240 06-27-2016, 04:55 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  Be careful I purchased use Resmed 8- learned a lesson puglady 22 4,534 05-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Last Post: shewhorn

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.