Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Just something new I learned.
I would go with TorontoCPAPguy on this one or Ghost. Use humidity rather than additives to the water. Much wiser, I think.

I had a joke about a Passover humidifier, but I forgot it... something to do with Matzoh and bitter Herbs..... never mind....
(11-07-2014, 11:51 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: ...Hot air seems to make swelling worse for me...

Heat always makes swelling worse in the nasal passages since it increases vasodilation.
I tried the Vapo Steam. I found the smell somewhat soothing, but I did not notice any appreciable reduction in congestion. Be advised not to use more than 4-5 drops in the H5. That stuff is strong. I've been doing the saline flush, and I find the menthol scent seems to keep the sinus open long enough to fall asleep. I do believe getting the sinus cleared before therapy is the key.

I did get with a new DME. I'm using an Airfit F10 FFM instead of the Quatro Mirage. It is much less claustrophobic since the nose and forehead piece has been eliminated.

I find this interesting. I have tried using my humidifier but it's too much for me. I like cool air to breath when sleeping. I do fill my humidifier but don't turn it on. I have tried turning it on low but I wake up with a wet nose which I hate. I have tried some of the aromatherapy things but nothing seems to help the congestion. I have thought about trying the V*cks but didn't. I might try the steam stuff and see what happens.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just learned I have sleep apnea, waiting to hear full results of sleep study SleeplessInOklahoma 18 1,070 09-06-2016, 04:41 PM
Last Post: livingwithapnea
  What I learned today about mini-apneas and fatigue or why SH is the bomb Mark Douglas 44 6,696 07-02-2016, 07:28 AM
Last Post: silverny1
Smile [Treatment] what I have learned calliopy2 17 873 06-27-2016, 04:55 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  Be careful I purchased use Resmed 8- learned a lesson puglady 22 1,558 05-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Last Post: shewhorn
  60 Days -Lesson Learned 0rangebear 12 1,700 03-19-2016, 12:11 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear
  Some Things I have Learned The Last Few Weeks pupcamper 5 872 01-24-2016, 10:37 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  SleepStudy done, new lesson learned ewok 4 681 11-06-2015, 02:28 PM
Last Post: AlanE