Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Just started
RE: Just started
I have both the Contour CPAP and CPAPmax pillows. Both have a small divot where your head lays, so it provides a bit of support to help reduce chin tucking, though it will not stop it like an SCC. The max variant is nice as it has a hot and a cold side, plus the height is adjustable.

The Caldera Releaf SCC is soft and breathable. Just something to consider.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I’m not actually sure how to zoom in but I hit something and it zoomed lol 

That SCC is not going to be an option, shockingly even the large wouldn’t fit. I’ve put on a lot of weight, kinda easy to do when you’re exhausted all the time. It’s starting to come off but it’ll be a long road. Am sure the additional neck/chin fat isn’t helping
Post Reply Post Reply
Honey, we've all been there. After I committed to making this APAP work. It gave me the energy to get up. get active and get going. It took some time but I started loosing weight, because I now have the energy to get up and get active.

Your zoomed in view is perfect. It shows you have room to improve on you therapy pressure. Which will benefit you immensely.

You have time to explore the information OSCAR has to provide. look at your wave shapes in the zoomed view, and read the following:

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph..._and_BiPAP

PL&P and the rest of us are trying to get you the best performance from your machine to meet your needs.

the more background information you know, the better you will be to accept and adapt this knowledge to your personal needs.

I printed a copy of "The Guide" for my own personal reference and to loan to other friends and family I am helping introduce to OSCAR and PAP.

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph..._The_Guide

Within "The Guide" you will find wave shapes for "Flow Limit", look in the Table of Contents listed at the top of the page(highlighted in blue). Your Flow Rate graph has very valuable information included. You will not learn it all in one sitting, but with time it will come together, then the importance of Mask, Mask fit, Pillow, pillow fit, Soft Cervical Collar, and the fit of the SCC. will all fall into place.

As I lost weight, aged and went through chemotherapy, my mask, pillow and SCC changed. Recently I changed mask, pillow and SCC again, not because the ones I used were not any good. They served me very well for some time . But as my body changed, my FIT changed. So your choice of equipment must meet your FIT. Your mask, your pillow, your SCC and your therapy pressures must fit your needs today. They will change with time, just like eyeglasses, every once in a while they have to change prescriptions.

Your zoomed in view shows the crest of the wave shapes are distorted, not nicely rounded. We want to fill them out, Yet not cause CA (Clear Airways).  It will be a delicate dance, but it can be accomplished. 

PL&P has some very good recommendations, his guidance will do you well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 161 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 195 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,750 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  started to get a lot more centrals, questions airwaystent 3 292 03-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 890 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 369 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Started CPAP treatment - Would like advice on my sleep study and OSCAR information Mythique 27 2,932 01-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.