Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problem with card and no humidification
RE: Problem with card and no humidification
(02-21-2015, 01:26 PM)Ragnar Wrote:
(02-21-2015, 09:31 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Let's review your settings. First, what is the machine model (3-digit number on bottom 560P, 460P, 260P). Now go to the clinician menu and lets see what the humidifier menu has been setup to do. Go to Setup, push control knob and ramp button at the same time, wait for 2 beeps, turn dial to setup and push once. Scroll through options and record settings. When done, scroll to back and push once to exit setup.

Thank you Sleeprider,
The model number is 550P.
When I push control knob and ramp button at the same time I hear no beeps and the unit starts therapy.
If I turn the control knob to Setup and push the control knob I enter setup.
The settings are:
Mode CPAP
CPAP Pressure 6.0
Flex
Type C-Flex+
System One Resistance 0
Lock System One off
Ramp Time 0:45
Ramp Start 4.0
Humidifier 3
Auto On on
Auto Off off
Mask Alert off
Humidifier LED backlight off
Show AHI/Leak/PB on

BTW, latest 7 day AHI was 0.4, Leak 0, PB 0 so the unit seems to work with the exception of the card and the humidifier.

Radnar, I'm going to first suggest your dramatically reduce the Ramp Time. There is no reason to wait 45 minutes to get to therapy pressures. I'd change that to 5 minutes, or turn off ramp completely.

As far as humidity, what happens when you turn the machine on, and rotate the control knob? That should allow manual setting of humidity level. Otherwise, you appear to be setup correctly for your Series 50 machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2015, 05:07 PM)archangle Wrote: Buy a new SD card. Pretty much any card will do as long as it's 2 GB or bigger. You can find them at Walmart or Walgreens.

Does the CPAP machine set up the file structure?
Also, how would I copy over the history?

Be sure you're actually unlocking the card when you put it in the CPAP. Flip it to the other position and see if it fixes the problem.

Makes no difference.

Is the data on your card being updated and showing up on SleepyHead?

No.

Locking the card for the PC isn't necessary for PRS1 machines. Only ResMed machines have the design flaw that makes them reject the card if Windows 8.1 messes with it.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sleeprider, please see my embedded comments.

(02-21-2015, 06:36 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Radnar, I'm going to first suggest your dramatically reduce the Ramp Time. There is no reason to wait 45 minutes to get to therapy pressures. I'd change that to 5 minutes, or turn off ramp completely.

These setting were made based on the results of my sleep study and have worked fine for 4 years+ so I will leave them alone.

As far as humidity, what happens when you turn the machine on, and rotate the control knob? That should allow manual setting of humidity level.

Now the humidity level has no effect. Previously the setting did control the humidity.[/color]

Otherwise, you appear to be setup correctly for your Series 50 machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only thing I can think of is to take it to a DME and see if they can help you by looking in the menu. Either something got turned off or changed or the timing was just in sync that it broke around the same time your friend did whatever they did.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2015, 09:43 PM)Ragnar Wrote: Thank you Sleeprider, please see my embedded comments.

(02-21-2015, 06:36 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Radnar, I'm going to first suggest your dramatically reduce the Ramp Time. There is no reason to wait 45 minutes to get to therapy pressures. I'd change that to 5 minutes, or turn off ramp completely.

These setting were made based on the results of my sleep study and have worked fine for 4 years+ so I will leave them alone.

As far as humidity, what happens when you turn the machine on, and rotate the control knob? That should allow manual setting of humidity level.

Now the humidity level has no effect. Previously the setting did control the humidity.[/color]

Otherwise, you appear to be setup correctly for your Series 50 machine.

Ramp is a comfort setting and has nothing to do with your titration. If you are comfortable and don't struggle for air at the beginning of the night, no change is needed. Otherwise, all I suggested was you don't need 45 minutes to reach your 6 cm therapeutic pressure.

If turning the manual humidity control has no effect, I would ask the DME for assistance. The humidifier and blower are separate components, so ask the DME to determine what part is defective. They should be able to do this for you without sending the machine out. Regardless, I recommend having a standby machine in the event of any failure or need to repair. Lots of unused machines show up on Craigslist all the time...get the same model, and don't over-pay. I'd be looking for a price less than $300.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead will remember the data it was able to get from the old SD card.

Just keep the old SD card. They're cheap enough not to worry about the cost, and if the card is bad, you don't want to use it elsewhere.

Other than reading the data into SleepyHead, there's nothing you'd do with the old data. Keep the old card and you can read the data from it in the future if you have a need to.

You can copy the entire SD card into a directory on your PC. I do that every time I read my SD card data anyway. Create a directory called "PRS1" or something. Then copy the entire SD card into that directory and rename the directory created to today's date, such as 150221 for Feb 21, 2015.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,563 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,328 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,466 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 550 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  Humidification Issue With Air Mini ICS55 15 5,267 02-08-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: pwnorris
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 391 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.