Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Keeping CPAP Data
Keeping CPAP Data
I have been using CPAP for just over two weeks. I have OSA, mostly hypopnea. My events have dropped from 24/hour to 1-2/hour with using a ResMed 10 Auto machine nightly. I use a full mask. I adjusted well to the machine although I am still not sleeping long enough and I am sleepy during the day.
MY question is about DATA. I downloaded Sleepyhead but apparently can not use it because once my Data is transmitted to ResMed, it disappears from the SD card. I go to ResMed daily to see how I did the night before but, is there a way that I can track my results on my computer? Can I download the information from ResMed? Do I have to manually enter the results into some program? Will Sleepyhead allow me to manually enter results or is there another software program for that?
HELP please.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Keeping CPAP Data
Welcome!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure why Resmed would delete your data, but before you get into that program I encourage you to write protect the SD card. Just slide the shutter down towards the end. This will keep files from being written to your card or erased.

What computer and operating system are you using?
Which model Resmed Airsense 10 are you using? Remember the Escape and Escape Auto do not have data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2015, 08:20 AM)Carolyn0107 Wrote: I have been using CPAP for just over two weeks. I have OSA, mostly hypopnea. My events have dropped from 24/hour to 1-2/hour with using a ResMed 10 Auto machine nightly. I use a full mask. I adjusted well to the machine although I am still not sleeping long enough and I am sleepy during the day.
MY question is about DATA. I downloaded Sleepyhead but apparently can not use it because once my Data is transmitted to ResMed, it disappears from the SD card. I go to ResMed daily to see how I did the night before but, is there a way that I can track my results on my computer? Can I download the information from ResMed? Do I have to manually enter the results into some program? Will Sleepyhead allow me to manually enter results or is there another software program for that?
HELP please.

Thanks
Hi Carolyn0107,
Be sure to check your SD card and make sure it is unlock when you put it in your machine, and lock it when you put it in your computer card reader, rather than your data disappearing it's more than likely isn't being written to your card.
If not others might have some ideas for you.
Welcome!
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Carolyn0107,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
CPAP therapy can take some getting used to. As you get used to it, being sleepy during the day should get better.
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2015, 08:20 AM)Carolyn0107 Wrote: I have been using CPAP for just over two weeks. I have OSA, mostly hypopnea. My events have dropped from 24/hour to 1-2/hour with using a ResMed 10 Auto machine nightly. I use a full mask. I adjusted well to the machine although I am still not sleeping long enough and I am sleepy during the day.
HELP please.

Thanks

Hi Carolyn0107,
I am glad you are adjusting to CPAP therapy, but it sometimes take a while to sleep through the night.
Now all your data is actually on the CPAP machine, so when you insert your SD card in machine, make sure it is unlocked so that the machine can write to it, and record your data while you sleep.
When you insert SD Card into your computer, make sure it is locked. It doesn't seem likely that the card is being erased.
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead doesn't remove anything, just copies it. And actually keeps a copy of it on your computer.

When you say "Resmed" can't see it, do you mean ResScan? If you are using ResScan, make sure you have selected it to download all data from the card. Else I think it only downloads the compliance data.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2015, 09:26 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: SleepyHead doesn't remove anything, just copies it. And actually keeps a copy of it on your computer.

When you say "Resmed" can't see it, do you mean ResScan? If you are using ResScan, make sure you have selected it to download all data from the card. Else I think it only downloads the compliance data.

I think she means myAir resmed's cellular program.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for everyone's responses. I did check and the SD card while in the machine was not protected. When I had tried before to use Sleepyhead and nothing downloaded I checked the SD card and the folders with various dates were there but nothing was in the folders. I know that the RT was reading something though that had been on the SD card, according to her anyway.

I have no had time now to retry with the Sleepyhead and won't until Monday as I have out of town company. I'll let you know what I figure out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 155 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [CPAP] Help keeping mask on/less fragmented sleep jblack33 8 265 04-05-2024, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 3 233 04-04-2024, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 110 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 187 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 205 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Need help with low pulse ox data/CPAP data Dan E 5 435 02-05-2024, 03:41 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.