Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Keeps cutting off!
Keeps cutting off!
I have Probasics zzzz and for some reason after about 5 minutes, it just cuts off and goes back to Standby. Anybody have any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Keeps cutting off!
Hi Lisa,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Did you try unplugging the machine for a few minutes?
Maybe it got into a glitch.
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Try what Trish suggested and see if it helps
You might want to download the clinical manual
Section two - direct download - ProBasics ZZZ-PAP
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Post Reply Post Reply
Please let us know if the unplug/replug works or if there is anything in the manual that helps or doesn't help. That way we can help others in the future.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Does it feel warm to the touch when it shuts off? Are you making sure it has plenty of space around it to make sure it isn't over-heating?

That's just a shot in the dark, but first thing that came to mind considering you said it would run fine for first five minutes.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes, I unplugged it for a while several times. It did fall off the table when it had water in it. However, it works fine when I hit the start button but doesn't last.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sound like water damage, for replacement machine .. check Supplier #2 for new and used machines
Suppliers List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Machines choices http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
Post Reply Post Reply
I know this sounds like oversimplification, and the knee jerk reaction is "What, do you think I am stupid?", but I only know that because that was my knee jerk reaction when someone said that to me! Check all plugs. Check to be sure it is not loose at the wall, check that it is not loose at the machine and if your machine has a transformer (a big heavy plastic thing on the cord) it may have a removable cord from that so check that also. If one of them is loose enough it may be losing power for just a second when the covers hit it or the cat runs over it or the breeze blows, whatever, and then by the time you look it is getting power again and is in standby mode. Just a thought. I've been down that path!
Good luck,
Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wondering if you ever found a solution? I am having same problem and can't get my therapist to answer my calls.
Post Reply Post Reply
How long ago did the dropping incident happen? If it was recently, it may dry out and work properly if you will leave it unplugged for a couple of days, maybe even put it outside in the sun for a couple hour. If it were mine, I'd hook up my vacuum cleaner hose to the outlet of the cleaner so it puts out warm air and blow that into the air inlet of the CPAP, after first removing the filter. That won't hurt anything and may speed the drying process up.

At any rate, don't keep trying to run it, you may do more damage and then drying it out won't help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  airsense 11 cutting off in therapy alphamale 1 280 01-11-2024, 12:17 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Airsense 10 cutting off repeatedly at night. coldfeet7 4 316 12-31-2023, 09:37 PM
Last Post: coldfeet7
  Resmed AirSense 10 cutting off at night CHS32 3 3,475 07-30-2021, 11:13 AM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  Cutting off inhale breath Goldchair 18 2,773 02-29-2020, 12:20 AM
Last Post: Geer1
  Airsense 10 Cutting Out? scarcek 2 1,078 09-06-2018, 01:29 AM
Last Post: PoolQ
Question [CPAP] Machine cutting off, but no indication why eglm76932 21 3,194 07-29-2018, 04:00 PM
Last Post: ishita71
  Remstar Auto A-flex intermittently cutting off babydoss 13 7,588 03-18-2015, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.