Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Leak in nasal pillow
Leak in nasal pillow
I have a ResMed 10 Autoset and use a Nuance Pro nasal pillow.  I us (that's what my wife ed to always receive a perfect score of 20 when I checked "My Air".  However lately the results vary from night to night.  I can be a perfect 20 one night and a 12 (adjust) the other.  The mask is brand new (I get a new one a few times a year).  I'm confused.  My events are always low.

Should I try a Respironics nasal pillow (that's what my wife uses).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leak in nasal pillow
My Air isn't good for much. I suggest you download SleepyHead.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I downloaded and installed Speepyhead as suggested but when I open the program and import from my SD card it imports to 97% and freezes there.  Any suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2018, 10:05 PM)sherryl10 Wrote: I can be a perfect 20 one night and a 12 (adjust) the other. 

Use Sleepyhead or ResScan to look at your leak rate graph. Look for significant periods of time during the night when your leak rate is elevated. If so, you may be mouth-leaking, or you may be dislodging the mask when you roll over in your sleep.

You can try a different nasal mask, a chin strap, a soft cervical collar, or any combination of the above.

If you can tolerate a full face mask that will definitely eliminate the typical mouth-leaking associated with a nasal mask and so eliminate the need for the chin strap or collar.

Regardless, you will need to try different masks until you find one that fits you well.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2018, 07:15 AM)sherryl10 Wrote: I downloaded and installed Speepyhead as suggested but when I open the program and import from my SD card it imports to 97% and freezes there.  Any suggestions.

That's a well known issue. You just have to find something else to do while it downloads that last 3%. It takes a long time, but it eventually does happen.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
As melman said

Myair is pretty useless.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 39 Yesterday, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 243 03-27-2024, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 159 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,413 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 145 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 155 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 138 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.