Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Long apneas
Long apneas
Hi All,

Why is it that an obstructive apnea can last for 33seconds during CPAP?  I thought that the machine would detect the event and raise the pressure to stop the event well before 33 seconds?  Am I wrong, or is there a setting on my machine which can avoid this?

Cheers

Robert
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Long apneas
We need to know the exact model and settings of the Resmed you are using.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What happens is the CPAP recognizes an event and THEN reacts with a pressure increase.

CPAP_Algorithms

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks both,

Bonjour, In the third diagram for my machine I presume that the word "termination" should really be "determination".  To me it doesn't make sense for the pressure to be increased at the termination of the apneas.

Crimson Nape: Please see my amended profile for machine details.

Cheers,

Robert
Post Reply Post Reply
The graphs and the words on them are directly from ResMed literature.  Termination is the correct term.  The machine needs to "Determine" that an event has occurred which happens at the "Termination" of the event.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 846 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 300 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
  Cpap causing Central Apneas shedu1337 1 260 02-24-2024, 05:46 PM
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,273 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Long story short chronic 5 380 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 275 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.