Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Longevity
RE: CPAP Longevity
I have an old M series as a back up for my and my wifes machine. Insurance covers most of mine while hers is still out of pocket.

I think if my machine is still perking along good in 5 yrs ill have it replaced anyway and either have it as a backup or if the wifes machine wish is a slightly older model of the same machine is still running good have two backups give her my older machine and replace mine/

Thats assuming her NEXT sleep test is a botch job like the last one. Hopefully she actually sleeps they get it right this time and her insurance will cover hers
Post Reply Post Reply
Happened to spot this old topic which I found interesting.

For me, I used my Respironics Solo LX for 16 years before getting a new one. Interestingly, it still works but it started to sound like a weed whacker. Probably the ball bearings I'm thinking. I've thought about putting in some new ball bearings if I can figure out where they are without ruining the machine but wonder where I'd find the bearings and if I'd be able to match the size.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a M-Series (2008) that went 20K hours. I retired it in favor of a PRS1 60 series Auto in December 2014, and subsequently got a PRS1 60 Series BiPAP Auto. In February 2016, insurance paid for my current machine. I still have all 3 of the older machines and they work fine. They last a long time.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My bro has a legacy Respironics bipap that he used for 8 years before getting his current Respironics 560 bipap. He realized the first night that his old machine was not producing the pressure it should have been and should have been checked long before. So, keep that in mind that if you choose to keep a machine until it dies, have someone with a manometer check the pressure. Make sure that the 15cm pressure you have it set for is actually 15 cm!

My sister had her machine a Resmed from 1997 until 2010. She was able to retire it after having nose surgery that had the byproduct of eliminating her apnea. It was still running well and she donated it to a local group home.

I've only had cpap for a year, my backup machine has less than 1000 hours (bought used), so no longevity testing here!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mask longevity Lanco 9 2,391 09-12-2016, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Newbee2016

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.