Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Looking for Thoughts on Smartstart
RE: Looking for Thoughts on Smartstart
I had a loaner S9 before getting my Philips. The 'smart start' on the S9 was very efficient, the Philips is nowhere near as good. Now, I simply lean across and press the button as I didn't like the machine blowing on for another 30 seconds after I had taken off my mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I toouse auto start. But i turned ramp off and go start to pressure 10. In morning i just hit the off button . In  the middle of nite it is convenient just to reconect and lay down.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tickman1,

I have the same machine as you do, but with a P10 Pillow Mask. I do not use either the ramp function or the Auto Start/Off function. I do not need the ramp at all so I quickly turned that off. As for the Auto Start/Off function, I did use it for a short period of time, but I do not think that it worked well with my mask. On three different occasions when I woke-up in the morning and turned-off the machine it said that it had only been on for 1 hour and 21 minutes (exact time all three times). These three times were obviously wrong since I never touched the machine let alone turned it on for exactly 1 hour 21 minutes. I decided to try turning the Auto Start function off and have not had a problem since. I have been on XPAP now for over 2 years and these three errors are the only thing that keeps me from having a 100% usage record; still 99.xxx%. BTW - - Never have missed the Auto On/Off capability; just too easy to push the button which is just inches from my head.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,742 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,505 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  some thoughts after a few weeks? ifsmithy 39 1,567 12-21-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 2 830 12-17-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: stargazing
  Thoughts on my data (after double jaw surgery) accetableplaintain 2 419 11-27-2023, 06:30 AM
Last Post: accetableplaintain
  New mask, thoughts on my sleep data? SleepyMcDonald 1 401 11-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Anyone seen it/tried it? Thoughts. David Clark 6 732 06-16-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.