Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Looking for an OSCAR review after 3 weeks of AirSense 10 Use
Looking for an OSCAR review after 3 weeks of AirSense 10 Use
Hi all,

First time on the forum. I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea over the summer and received a CPAP in September (Resvent iBreeze 20A). I got lucky and a friend lent me his ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet that he no longer needs so that I could use a better device and have access to OSCAR. He does not need me to return the device unless I am able to get one of my own.

I have been using the AirSense now for 3 weeks and use a variety of automatic settings with a heated tube and humidifier (both set to auto).
Most nights I sleep pretty well with the Philps Respironics DreamWear Nasal cushion but sometimes I inadvertently take off the mask during the night or wake up once during the night due to what feels like leaking.

My sleep study indicated AHI of 12-16 and with the ResMed, I am successfully <1 AHI every night. While I can still be tired during the day, I notice that I am less tired, less often. I'll chalk that up to a win.

I was hoping that an expert could review my OSCAR data to make settings recommendations. Happy to post other nights too if necessary.
I do notice that I sometimes still snore or my wife notices me making noises with my mouth open (like gurgling). I tried taping my mouth to stop this but it was annoying and made falling asleep harder.

I imagine my results are pretty stellar but have no context with which to interpret them and my settings.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for an OSCAR review after 3 weeks of AirSense 10 Use
Your numbers are great and it is just a "how do you feel" type of thing.  You can't do much better than one O event in an night.  But I would try on change.  

Your min is set at 4 so that is your inhale number.  4 is the lowest the machine can go and is considered a child's setting.  Most of us need more air than a 4 can give.  Also you do have some flow limits. and that is helped by EPR (exhale pressure Relief).  You have EPR set at 2 but it is not doing anything because the lowest any machine can go is 4.  (Min 4 minus EPR 2 is still going to be 4.  So no help for your flow limits.

I would leave everything as it is and move the min to 6 to give the EPR room to work.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for an OSCAR review after 3 weeks of AirSense 10 Use
Thank you, staceyburke, for your explanation and suggestion. I will increase minimum pressure tonight to 6.

Last night, I only wore my mask for 4 hours. 4 hours into sleeping, I was woken up by my nasal pillows leaking - I imagine my mask may not have been tight enough and the seal was poor. It seems like I just need to work on mask fit and then I will be good to go!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 90 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 547 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 187 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 116 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Rising AHI the last couple of weeks Brimstone 7 226 04-12-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Brimstone
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 172 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 115 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.