Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Looking for suggestions. 3yrs CPAP 15-30 AHI
Question 
Looking for suggestions. 3yrs CPAP 15-30 AHI
Hello,

I started looking into mouth taping and ended up here. The more I think about it, I probably would not tolerate mouth taping even if it would help. My original sleep study had me at 14 AHI average. My device regularly records 6-60 AHI during the night for an average of 15-30 each night.
I have P30i nasal pillows and have not tolerated a full face mask.

I'm attempting to submit two pictures of my Oscar data for review. The 26OCT (23 AHI)  is before I edited settings (7-15 pressure) and 1NOV (15 AHI) is after I changed to 9-15 pressure as well as tried editing my mask type which seemed to change my settings to 9-10 pressure according to the data.

I haven't slept well in a long time so I'll try any suggestions or science experiments. I selected two days I got a fair amount of sleep. The other days were around 2-4 hours.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for suggestions. 3yrs CPAP 15-30 AHI
Hi flushed,

Can you post your original sleep study? Did you have Central during your sleep study.

Did you do a titration in a lab?

I would like to see some OSCAR close up of centrals. (Clear Airway) I do not think they are all triggered from high pressure, because at the higher min pressure of 9 cm, the AHI is about 5 less for Clear Airway.

Some OSCAR closeups of Periodic Breathing as well.

I am wondering how much of the events are while you are awake.

Can you sleep with the AFlex off, if not try it at 1.

I suggest you leave Min at 9 cm, at the same time lower AFlex. I am hoping that keeps you asleep for longer intervals and have less events.
Post Reply Post Reply
>>Can you post your original sleep study? 

No, I only have Results:
1. Mild obstructive sleep apnea with an AHI of 14.6 events per hour.
2. O2 desaturation nadir 86%
3. Baseline oxygenation 93%

They never woke me up to put a cpap on me. I'll post closeups of data you requested from what I've already posted. 

>>I am wondering how much of the events are while you are awake.

Only the first 5-10min are events while awake from my data. I take a medication which works well to start and lasts 2-6 hours usually. 

I can reduce the AFlex to off. It was once at 2 then my technician changed it to 3. I don’t remember anything significant before or after. 

Thanks for the first round of suggestions.

Post Reply Post Reply
With a [3. Baseline oxygenation 93%] do you have heart or lung diseases?

Not to scare you, just for you to check your health with doctors.

Periodic Breathing may signify heart issues.

I can't tell if you were sleeping or not, the second reminds me of Cheyne-Stokes respiration. But I cant tell. I similar looking events with my new VAuto but disappeared an increase of pressure support.
Post Reply Post Reply
No heart or lung diseases that I’ve been made aware of and I have a physical yearly. I’ve had an echocardiogram in the last year.
It could have been due to an injury. I can look into an oxygen meter to replicate the results.

I had the same concern about Cheyne-Stokes but wanted someone else to review. My most recent data after the changes has me at 3.5 and 7.6 AHI.
7 and 11 Periodic breathing events respectively. I went over my older data and see 10-25% periodic breathing on average.

Post Reply Post Reply
OK flushed,

Just wanted to ask.

Increase minimum pressure by one tp 10 cm

Keep Flex off.

At with the Flex off the Centrals decreased. Your other numbers went higher
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. I don’t mean to be rude because I’m grateful to go from 30 AHI to 3-15 with your help.

I had a few bad nights and tried turning it up to 11. I’ll post the results tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
flushed,

I did not see you post an updated OSCAR with 10 cm.

I do not know anything about periodic breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, I'll make another post and some separate data for the periodic breathing because that is still an issue.

I have 4 sets of data with 11-15 and two sets at 10-15 pressure.
I'm limited to 3 attachments so two at 10 pressure and one at 11 pressure.

The three other pressure 11 sets I had:

AHI 3.03, 3.5% periodic breathing, no maxing out of pressure, 1.01 CA, 1.39 OA, 0.63 Hypopena, 0.13 Rera.
AHI 4.52, 5.38% periodic breathing, maxed out pressure once for 30 minutes, 3.25 OA, 0.57 CA, 0.71 Hypopena, 0 Rera.
AHI 12.58, 12.32% periodic breathing, an hour +/- maxed pressure, 6.02 OA, 5.22 CA, 1.34 hypopena, 0.54 Rera.

It looks like I am maxing out on pressure a few times.

Post Reply Post Reply
flushed,

Don't include the calendar in the OSCAR scans, cause it may hide info.

The pressure never went to 15 cm which is what you set. If you double click on the Y axis of the pressure graph the scale may change to show that pressure did not max out.

I am not familiar with the Dreamstation 2 Autoset Advanced. The leak graph looks like you have two pressures going as if on xFlex, yet most of the time the two pressure curves almost on top each other. I doubt that can cause a 30 L/min difference in leakage.

Nov 8 the min at 10 cm. You had clearway and OA Nov 6 Min at 10 OA

Do you start on your side then go on your back?

The way that there is a lot more events later half of the night, may be that you are on your back and/or you go into a heavier sleep and there is more airway obstruction. When at the 11 cm has more events later does that coincide with medication leaving body.

Can you post this one: AHI 12.58, 12.32% periodic breathing, an hour +/- maxed pressure, 6.02 OA, 5.22 CA, 1.34 hypopena, 0.54 Rera.

I know that on Nov 8 the highest pressure reached was 12 but the OA was 5 something.

I suggest you increase the pressure again to 12 cm. and post tomorrow. Some of your max is 14 cm.

Is your hose nice and round.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giving up Evora, need suggestions PaulaO2 8 118 5 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for suggestions chzuck 31 548 04-13-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: chzuck
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 172 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 3,096 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 315 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 342 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 311 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.