Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Lot of Apneas in short time
Lot of Apneas in short time
        Hi

For me, Yesterday night  report in Oscar showed an unusual pattern. While the minimum pressure is 19cm/H2O through out, the first one hour showed lot of OAs and HAs. But, after that it was smooth sailing through out. No noticeable leaks though.

I am wondering why OAs/HAs could happen with that same level of pressure and no leak in one part of the sleep while rest of the sleep was calm.
Can some one help me interpret this and see what is happening.

Airsense 10, Full Face Mask F20, using Knightbridge chin strap.

thanks
Naru

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lot of Apneas in short time
That cluster is the signature for a form of positional apnea we refer to as chin tucking.  If this is happening frequently, most nights, you need to get a cervical collar, read the wiki article referred to in my signature.  If it rarely happens just ignore it.   
This can alls be caused (or corrected) by a pillow adjustment.  try 1 vs 2 pillows, think flatter, less firm. Do note that typically pressure will do little to help this.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lot of Apneas in short time
I'd also say positional, chin tucking. You've already maxed the PAP pressures at 19-20 and yet every few seconds in that cluster another Apnea. Chin tuck is a physical kink to your neck the collar mentioned will prevent. This kinking of the airway is similar in concept to the kinked garden hose that no water can flow through.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 0 89 03-13-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 546 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 227 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 5 241 03-09-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: meatheadmd
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 15 630 03-08-2024, 02:42 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 142 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 753 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.