Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setup question switching from Dreamstation to AirCurve 10 VAuto
RE: Setup question switching from Dreamstation to AirCurve 10 VAuto
Hi everyone!

I let things ride for the last few nights and everything's stayed fairly stable. Changing the trigger setting to "high" after that first night cut number of centrals down by half.

Should I consider adjusting the trigger setting to "very high"? Or does anyone have any advice for what to tweak next? Shy 

My current settings for quick reference:
Mode: VAuto
Max Ipap: 14
Min Epap: 8
PS: 3.0
Ti Max: 2.7
Ti Min: 0.3
Trigger: High
Cycle: Med

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Many of our members have found the Very High trigger sensitivity further reduces CA events. We normally like to progress to that setting so you have the high trigger to compare. By all means give very-high a try and see if you have better comfort and efficacy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I really appreciate your taking the time to help.

Didn't have time to update this until now, but I raised the trigger setting to Very High last night and that completely eliminated any central apnea events! Incredible!

It lowered my AHI down to 1.2 for the night, which is amazing on paper, but I woke up unfortunately strangely tired. OSCAR shows the worst of it was a 90 minute period where I had a bunch of events one after the next though the rest of the night was basically eventless. Not sure what happened there.

Nothing to do but maintain the course and keep an eye on it for now. I'm still feeling hopeful!
Post Reply Post Reply
Post a daily chart please.  That always helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't post a chart yesterday because I wanted to wait to see if a pattern began to develop before jumping to conclusions- and one is definitely starting to! 

While switching the Trigger setting to Very High did away with all my central apnea events, it unfortunately seems to be causing me to swallow excessive air during the night. Both last night and the night before I woke up super bloated and uncomfortable. Darn! I feel like I'm so close to finally fixing my sleep issues. Also, I made sure to eat a really simple dinner last night to remove any outside variables that might've otherwise been the cause of the bloating.

Does anyone know why that might happen and is there anything I can do to offset it? Or should I just set Trigger back down to High?

I was really looking forward to looking over the data from last night, but it looks like I accidentally forgot to put the SD card back into the machine yesterday.  Oh-jeez The minimal readout from last night that I can obtain shows that I basically had 0 central and 0 obstructive events, but my hypopneas were at 1.5. I wish I had the full info!!

Here's screenshots from Wednesday night and the minimal info from Thursday:

Post Reply Post Reply
Hm. I'm really not sure what to do.

Just to check to see if my body would adjust to the Very High trigger setting, I'd kept my setting stable over the last week. But despite all my central apnea events being eliminated, something about the Trigger setting being so high causes me to continually swallow a lot of air during the night, causing mildly painful bloating, which I think is triggering hyponea events.

So technically my numbers are down, but I'm slowly becoming exhausted during the day. :/ I guess I'll adjust the trigger back down to High and see if that really does feel better? Beyond that I have no idea.

Post Reply Post Reply
Let's try lowering your overall pressure settings from EPAP min 8.0 to 6.0. I would like to see EPAP min 6.0, IPAP max 12.0, PS 3, trigger very-high. You don't have much in the way of obstructive apnea, and we may be able to get below your air ingestion threshold with lower pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 6 126 4 hours ago
Last Post: aubreyjs
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 36 4 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 81 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 111 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 999 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 163 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 698 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.