Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Low AHI but still not feeling rested
Low AHI but still not feeling rested
I don't know what to do anymore, I have been using CPAP for around 6 months, after a lot of trial and error I managed to sleep the whole night with the P10 mask and mouth tape

I currently have an AHI of 0-2 and feel way more rested than before, but still I do not wake up feeling at 100% and need up to 10 hours of sleep 

I think the issue is that I wake up multiple times per night, i.e. yesterday I woke up at: 0:48, 4:03, 5:23, 6:20, 7:34

When I wake up I fall asleep pretty fast (1-5 minutes) but according to my wearable my heart rate goes up to 80 during those arousals (even though sleeping heart rate is around 60

Attaching the CPAP data for the night I am talking about, where I slept 9 hours with CPAP but still didn't wake up energized

Any help is appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Low AHI but still not feeling rested
I have experienced this as well. I'll share the 2 things that helped me.

1) ResMed has a "soft" mode that is less aggressive. I feel much better rested (with still great AHI) when I have my ResMed set to "soft". I highly encourage trying that!

2) I love P10 for all the reasons we all love P10. BUT I found my mouth popping open with it (which I don't do with other nasal/pillow masks). AND I was not feeling as rested as I knew I should/could be. For me personally, what I found is that P10 doesn't vent enough of my exhaled air, thus I breathe it which my body rejects (by popping my mouth open) and it causes me disturbed sleep.

I resolved my P10 problem by poking holes in the diffuser with a sewing pin (6-8 holes each side works for me). I'm not trying to encourage anyone to risk ruining their mask. But I'm sharing what worked for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 256 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 325 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 306 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 545 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,085 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 559 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.