Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Low oxygen on CPAP/hearth palpitation and cough + Oscar reading
RE: Low oxygen on CPAP/hearth palpitation and cough + Oscar reading
Yep, ultrasound will tell you about artery/valve issues and such--plumbing--but NOTHING about electrical issues. these last are the cause of most heart arrhythmia. 

My EP told me my atrial fibrillation won't kill me but the stroke that it causes might. I'm not saying this is your issue! But the reason undetected afib is concerning is that blood pools in the atria and then clots. when normal functioning begins again--since arrhythms are intermittent or only at night--those clots are thrown. This can cause a stroke.

my heart functioning is excellent in terms of its plumbing. In fact it was my over exercising that was the likely culprit for my afib developing. Marathon runners and nordic skiers all are far more likely to develop fib than regular schlubs. Swimmers too.

Again, perhaps press for a Zio patch/Holter monitor. I hope I'm not sounding alarmist! I just think this is good practice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Due to heart palpitations I've mentioned for a few years to doctors, my new cardiologist had me do a chemical stress test. It revealed a heart condition called PVC or premature ventricular contractions. It is I'm thinking my left ventricle that goes rogue and beats prematurely of the normal beat electrical signal and things go off-kilter, tending to make heart rate go up but oxygen level goes down. I am not sure if any of this applies, nor do I imply it does apply, but here's the 2 cents worth anyway. Get doc to check things out is my best piece of advice.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2020, 04:28 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think your strategy needs to be to slowly increase PS to drive down flow limitation, but not so high as to cause CA. You will find that you will likely adapt as you go up in PS, so don't hesitate to be at the point where CAI is about 1/hour.  

With regard to your question about the machine, there is no official way for you to do that kind of modification, however as a member, you can read the COVID-19 forum, and at the top of the page is a restricted thread called "machine modificaitons". If you want to read that, you might find something interesting.

Hello, I checked the COVID-19 forum but couldn't find any restricted threads.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Software for reading data on sd card billy.bates 14 33,635 11-19-2020, 06:40 PM
Last Post: cable_guy
  About flow limitations not solved with CPAP and waveforms on OSCAR deity999 4 261 11-18-2020, 12:28 PM
Last Post: deity999
  Can I diagnose sleep apnea for my mom using CPAP device and OSCAR software? WWu777 5 277 10-28-2020, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  what does a bad oximeter reading look like? sniko2219 8 314 10-27-2020, 06:38 AM
Last Post: bonjour
  First Night of CPAP Therapy - Oscar Help? sg131 15 405 10-21-2020, 04:19 PM
Last Post: sg131
  Any danger of low oxygen in Ramp Up period chris94546 3 171 10-15-2020, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question First time poster, long time CPAP user with an OSCAR report. Afasterme 8 293 10-13-2020, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Afasterme

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.