Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does any listed supplier take Medicare assignments for DME?
Does any listed supplier take Medicare assignments for DME?
Do any of the Apnea Board's listed suppliers "do Medicare". I've checked a number of suppliers on the list and have seen M/C handling excluded or not mentioned (or missed by me?).

LinCare is my DME and tells me I am again M/C eligible for an entire new mask and headgear. I'd like to try the relatively simple Innomed Hybrid but Lincare does not handle it and won't.  

(Though better with the tongue seal technique, I'm still a frequent mouth breather and am a side sleeper. I use the P10, a cervical collar, a bit of Lansinoh, and I stretch over my lower face and Velcro around my neck an  elastic, lip-compressing neckerchief-like binder--that to simply retain a lightly clinging, but friendly and non-stick Silipos mouth sealer (all that with addition of an F10's anti-asphyxiation valve in its DIY hose adapter).

Results at 29 months after a rough start with a full face mask (F10 and Amara View): about a year of mostly near zero leaks and frequent nights with zero leaks and zero apneas with the P10. But it's long been a pain to "suit up for the night", get tensions and positioning right (in front of a mirror) and then have that right angle valve adapter at the end of the P10's hose.)

Thanks for reading. I added what has worked for me so well with the thought others who are struggling like I did might find something useful.

Advice would be appreciated.
2SB
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does any listed supplier take Medicare assignments for DME?
For DMEs you can only use those on the Medicare (or other insurance) list.

I had a lot of trouble with leakage on the P10. Between the DME and one of the suppliers with return insurance, I was able to try an array of FFMs. They all fit differently.

Also under Medicare, you’re periodically allowed a new mask. You can take that opportunity to switch models.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does any listed supplier take Medicare assignments for DME?
2SB,
I don’t believe any of the online suppliers accept Medicare, or any insurance for that matter.

You can submit an invoice to Medicare for consideration as an out of network provider, and they might reimburse you at a lower percentage. I guess it is worth trying. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supplier and Insurance issues DudleyDoRight 0 70 04-18-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: DudleyDoRight
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 261 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  CPAP and Medicare and yearly Rx renewal silverchief2 8 289 04-08-2024, 06:58 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 230 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 238 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 268 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 363 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.