CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Sex: Male

Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
I know it's been mentioned several times in other threads, but I think the Wiki article written by one of our Advisory Members (Archangle) on Machine Choices should be read by everyone here. Don't let a Durable Medical Equipment $upplier (DME) bamboozle you. Never accept or settle for what we nickname a dumb "brick" CPAP machine (one that is not fully data-capable).

Be an informed patient and read this excellent article, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

If you get a good, data-capable CPAP machine - you and your doctor will be greatly empowered to monitor the effectiveness of your treatment on an ongoing basis. You can also use free software for your personal computer to monitor and chart your progress - as long as you have a data-capable machine.

Here's our Private Files & Links area, where you can learn how to obtain some of these free PC software packages:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Private-Files-and-Links

(you'll need to be logged into your Apnea Board Forum account to access the above link. Register HERE for a free forum account if you haven't already).

oldman

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

07-24-2013 12:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Adoniscmj Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense10 Autoset for her
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Integrated
CPAP Pressure: 6 to 9
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
I agree totally, as when I went to the DME they had a machine waiting for me. They didn't ask me what I wanted at all. I told them that I wanted a ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto set with data. She was surprised and said oh you did some research. I said yes and that is the unit I decided on. I had to make another appointment as they had the brick set up for me not the Air Sense. Don't let them pick it for you. They will choose the unit that they make the most profit on. Get what you want. There are some really good machines out there from ResMed and Phillips. Plus some other brands as well. It is your money, get a useful machine that will keep track of your therapy.
10-12-2016 10:54 AM
DariaVader Offline
Apnea Board Facebook Editor
Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10 for Her
Humidifier: H5i humidifier with ClimateLine heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 8-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: diabetes II, Thyroidectomized, Primary Immune Deficiency, and the list goes on :P

Sex: Female

RE: CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
This should be a sticky!!!

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
10-12-2016 11:37 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Totally Confused by Airsense 10 Data - Centrals - Problem machine... ? mymontreal 28 1,241 Yesterday 09:39 PM
Last Post: richb
  [Equipment] How do I find old machine? Skeeter 3 160 Yesterday 07:50 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Newbie - need advice on settings and machine tmc712 18 402 12-06-2016 09:04 PM
Last Post: tmc712
  [CPAP] Machine turning self off and back on rstroudmsdwc 36 13,965 12-05-2016 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  HELP! machine died and need a quick solution!! Jamer in trouble 10 399 12-04-2016 07:27 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  Can home care provider make our machine unusable? LPN2012 10 389 12-01-2016 05:22 AM
Last Post: LPN2012
  [Equipment] New or Refurbished Machine? Evie 15 444 11-29-2016 10:16 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider