Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
RE: CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
(05-15-2019, 02:48 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: For wireless SD cards I recommend a Toshiba Flashair and the software flashpap to copy the files

More info on how to download FlashPAP software (free):

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...a-transfer
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
It’s great to have a smart  machine that you can adjust yourself to what works for you.

Equally important is humidification and if you live in a cold climate or even turn down  your air-conditioning Make sure you have a unit with a heated hose.

When comparing Units make sure you get an all in price including the heated hose etc.

The next issue is how durable and how easy to clean is the humidification chamber?

Make sure you get one that’s easy to clean and doesn’t have to be replaced all the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just read your article on the different CPAP machines - the ones that are acceptable and the not recommended ones. I have moderate OSA (diagnosed about 10 years ago, but have not had another sleep study since). I have only downloaded and used the Oscar sleepyhead software about 2 weeks ago so still learning its use.  At all of my bi-yearly doctors visits the only information I was ever given was that my AHI was too high - every great while they would actually give me a number like 9 or 10- and they would tell me if there was leakage and how compliant I am with CPAP (always 100%). I felt like they were not giving me enough information - after all this is my health - so after I found out about Oscar on this apneaboard I downloaded it.  I have posted some of my charts and data and the numbers never improve (CPAP for 10 years- STILL HIGH AHI's). Most every morning when I read the data the AHI is usually anywhere from 8 to over 11!. PB is usually 3-5. I was also told on this board that my Obstructive Events are way too high. My question is - am I using the correct machine for my conditions or do I need a change to help improve my numbers and lower my apneas? For the last 4 years the machine they gave me that I am using is the Philips Respironics REMstar Pro C-Flex+ System One.  On the bottom of the machine it says REMstar Pro, DOM REF 460P, if that helps narrow it down.  My pressure is set at 13. I also have emphesema (smoked years ago but quit about 4 years ago) and have difficulty exhaling so I struggle to breathe out against the pressure, so respiratory issues also.  I also have GERD and a hiatal hernia so pretty much constant phlegm in my throat. I recently changed masks from a full face Simplus Fisher & Paykel to a minimal contact Dreamwear Full Face mask due to recent nose surgery. Based on all of this information would it benefit me to discuss getting a different type of CPAP machine or even an APAP or Bipap device to help alleviate my symptons and improve my sleep and AHI?  I'm seeing my doctor in 2 weeks and would like to go into it as informed as possible. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jennie, I think this question would be better in your therapy thread http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...I-s--25393 You have a Philips Respironics System One 60 Series CPAP Pro. This is a fixed pressure machine that is not doing you any favors, because it can't adapt to your changing pressure needs through the night. I'm certain you would be much better off with a new machine, specifically the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset auto CPAP. The Autoset provides pressure changes to prevent the apnea that you have in clusters throuh the night. It also uses an exhale pressure relief that acts like bilevel to help treat flow limitations and hypopnea which is also a significant component of your sleep disordered breathing. Finally, you need to give the soft cervical collar a shot to resolve the apparent positional apnea that the clusters of OA and H events are pointing to.

You are probably due for a change in machine, and getting the Autoset should be fairly easy with your current CPAP prescription. A better machine would be the bilevel Aircurve 10 Vauto which is capable of higher pressures and pressure support (difference between IPAP and EPAP). Given that your doctors do not seem particularly concerned with your treatment efficacy, obtaining a BiPAP prescription may be a challenge. Perhaps these doctorsy are not the solution, but part of the problem?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2019, 06:51 AM)jennie54 Wrote: Based on all of this information would it benefit me to discuss getting a different type of CPAP machine or even an APAP or Bipap device to help alleviate my symptons and improve my sleep and AHI? 

Jennie, I agree with Sleeprider. The way to get answers to this very important question is to follow through with the advice you're getting in the thread where we are discussing your therapy.

It may very well be that a machine like mine, the ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, is what you need. Once we get it all figured out you will have information you can take to your doctor, such as which machine and what the pressure settings should be. Your doctor can then specify that information on your prescription. If your doctor won't cooperate you can easily find one who will. You will have data you can show to your doctor that supports your request.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
I see the Dreamstation Auto on the list, but there is no mention of the Dreamstation Go Auto as either recommended or not. From a data collection and "clinician" (control) perspective, is it compatible with the fulll size version of the DS Auto?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Dreamstation Go has a MicroSD card and the OSCAR team has been working with this machine to make the next version compatible. Older versions properly displayed the data, which is very similar to the Dreamstation Auto (full size), but failed to properly identify the machine. I believe this is being fully corrected.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2019, 08:16 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The Dreamstation Go has a MicroSD card and the OSCAR team has been working with this machine to make the next version compatible.  Older versions properly  displayed the data, which is very similar to the Dreamstation Auto (full size), but failed to properly identify the machine.  I believe this is being fully corrected.

Thanks. Using a MicroSD-to-SD adaptor, can the card be shared between a Dreamstation Pro CPAP and Dreamstation GO Auto (to maintain compliance and data continuity)?
Post Reply Post Reply
IF you are a user of the DreamStation GO and would like to do some preliminary testing with a non-public OSCAR testing version and are willing to exercise it and let us know how it works, or doesn't work for that matter, PM me and I'll set you up as a Beta Tester.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2019, 01:05 PM)ragtopcircus Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 08:16 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The Dreamstation Go has a MicroSD card and the OSCAR team has been working with this machine to make the next version compatible.  Older versions properly  displayed the data, which is very similar to the Dreamstation Auto (full size), but failed to properly identify the machine.  I believe this is being fully corrected.

Thanks. Using a MicroSD-to-SD adaptor, can the card be shared between a Dreamstation Pro CPAP and Dreamstation GO Auto (to maintain compliance and data continuity)?

I believe you are asking if the DreamStation Pro Cpap and the DreamStation Go Auto can use/share the same SD card. The answer is no. Although the same brand, these are two different machines and each require their own SD card.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SEFAM S BOX ISSUES ANYONE FAMILIER WITH THIS MACHINE??? dizzy1 0 5 10 minutes ago
Last Post: dizzy1
  Anyone used a Sefam S.Box machine? KeithR 38 10,438 14 minutes ago
Last Post: dizzy1
  [Equipment] Any personal experiences with BMC Luna GII 2.4 Auto Machine Yuley 6 5,294 1 hour ago
Last Post: suncho
  Change Owner Name of machine eswagar 6 111 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: eswagar
  drying out tubing with machine sleepingbetterinFl 4 243 04-20-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New Machine Higher AHI Hauty 6 191 04-19-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Hauty
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 6 343 04-18-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: pamm777

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.