Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
RE: CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
fdashiell, the 'clue' is a clustering of obstructive events
Post Reply Post Reply
A really relevant article!Good job!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there, new to the Apneaboard here....

I was using Airsense 10 and had to renew my equipment last December, my DME also just provided me with a DreamStation (kind of no choice given)

I live in Huntsville, AL... not sure we have Apria close by, but it sounds like a good DME... does anyone knows if they can work with me even if they are not in town, like remotely? I have been with a local 'sleep doctor' for years but would like to try someone more helpful going forward...

Also, how to transfere data from DreamStation to the OSCAR (downloading the app right now), please?

thanks for any advice...
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to have an SD card in your Dreamstation overnight to collect the detailed data. Any brand SD card 2-32 GB in size, not bigger. Read the SD card into your computer, an SD card reader can be found on Amazon or in your big box store if your computer does not have one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a new Dreamstation 2 and will be happy to submit my data to Oscar.  Have them contact me and help the thru the data transfer.. OSCAR is great!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Make a Zip of the entire SD card. In addition include a photo of all nameplates on the machine, plus any analytical data that you have, Dream Mapper, encore, etc.

Place the data in my dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2021, 02:49 PM)1morelia Wrote: Hi there, new to the Apneaboard here....

I was using Airsense 10 and had to renew my equipment last December, my DME also just provided me with a DreamStation (kind of no choice given)

I live in Huntsville, AL... not sure we have Apria close by, but it sounds like a good DME... does anyone knows if they can work with me even if they are not in town, like remotely? I have been with a local 'sleep doctor' for years but would like to try someone more helpful going forward...

Also, how to transfere data from DreamStation to the OSCAR (downloading the app right now), please?

thanks for any advice...

All I know about Apria is that their nickname is "Crapria". I was with Lincare for a couple of years and they were pretty useless, and the reputation is that Crapria is worse...
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW I've used both Rotech as a franchise called CPO2 locally, Apria, and currently Lincare. Locally, these latter 2 are OK.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This was a very informative article. After being recently diagnosed with severe sleep apnea, I started reading everything I could find on the different kinds of machines with the pros and cons of each.  I ended up narrowing my choices to the dreamstation 2 and resmed airsense 10 for her.  Thankfully, when the supply company contacted me, they suggested a choice between the two.  I ended up getting the airsense and think I made a good choice. 
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I use Lincare, and they are surprisingly good.  They harass call me every month like clockwork to see if I need supplies.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 82 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Should I look for an ASV machine? Arik 2 78 03-26-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 93 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 296 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 619 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,701 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.