Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
RE: CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
The machine choices wiki entry should probably be updated with info on the ResMed AutoSet 11.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
We'll make a major update with OSCAR 1.3.0 is released and new machines are supported.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
This should probably also mention that the Dreamstation 2 isn't supported by Oscar, assuming that's still true.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2021, 08:31 PM)archangle Wrote: This should probably also mention that the Dreamstation 2 isn't supported by Oscar, assuming that's still true.

The Wiki page on supported machines does say that the Dreamstation 2 is not supported in the current version of OSCAR.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought I read somewhere that the Dreamstation 2 encrypts the data on the SD card. Or did I misunderstand something? Anyway, they should be replacing my DS1 at some point so I'll have the DS2 as a spare. I plan on continuing with my AS11. I have a CDL and they check my compliance every year, so I think it would be simpler to stay with one machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are correct about the DS2 having its data encrypted. That is basically the main holdup for inclusion into OSCAR.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for sharing!
Post Reply Post Reply
What is the difference of an AirSense 10 with data as compared to one without data? I just receive my 1st machine and did not know to specify this. Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Without data there is no way to monitor and adjust the CPAP machine so it can work better for you.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do I know if my machine has the data feature - or not? I'll exchange it if needed. Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Change Owner Name of machine eswagar 6 108 6 hours ago
Last Post: eswagar
  drying out tubing with machine sleepingbetterinFl 4 243 04-20-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New Machine Higher AHI Hauty 6 190 04-19-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Hauty
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 6 343 04-18-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: pamm777
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 208 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Do you stop your Airsense machine when you go to the bathroom during nighttime? dharma2255 10 361 04-12-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 190 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.