Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
RE: CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
Welcome to the forum. This IS a good place to be.

We have not seen any evidence of the Elite and CPAP models being available at this time. So this should be an AutoSet which is a good machine. VERIFY that it is an AutoSet when you pick it up, if otherwise I would refuse it.
When you pick it up ask for an SD card so your detailed data will be recorded and available to you Via OSCAR.

NOTE: This IS a refurbished machine USED by another user, at least your DME appears to be honest about it. Are you paying "Full Price" for a new machine or a reduced price because it is NOT NEW. The norm is that you would get a new machine.
Also note that there is a shortage of all manufacturers' CPAP devices at this time based on a year old recall of essentially ALL Philips Respironics devices used by Apnea patients. This is a bird in hand vs several months of waiting. At 1 week it should not have more than about 60+/- hours. 15,000-20,00 hrs, depending on usage, is about the expected 5 yr lifetime of these machines for reference. Total Run hours are in the Clinical / About menu. Verify them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I take it the airsense 11 is a solid machine right. Didnt get a choice from kaiser they kinda just sent it
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2022, 05:22 PM)BrockPlaysFN Wrote: I take it the airsense 11 is a solid machine right. Didnt get a choice from kaiser they kinda just sent it

If it's the AutoSet  version, then yes...

The AirSense 11 series includes three different models: AutoSet, CPAP and Elite
Post Reply Post Reply
Id like to suggest that each machine has different settings that are not related to therapy delivery (prescriptive settings), like pressure relief on exhalation, 'dead' airspace (in the mask, determined by mask size) recognition, responses to events that the machine cant treat (ie: how CA's are recognised and mapped so the review of data can identify and flag, as well as the safest 'passive' way the machine adjusts when recognising events that are beyond the scope of its function. So, in my understanding, it's important to trial a variety of machines prior to committing to a purchase, as the prescription is crucial, but compliance and transition to therapy is aided greatly by the ancillary capabilities of a machine. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I experienced the Ibreeze 20A.
I wouldn't wish it on anyone!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good evening/morning everyone 
I had a Dolby cpap machine sent to me and still have the Philips Dreamstar which is one of the recall machines.
I wish I could have a choice from the sleep apnea clinic I have consulted with a lawyer who has advised me to hold onto the Dreamstar machine from Philips.
I would love to Thankyou you all for this forum
Post Reply Post Reply
A quick search finds https://www.dolbyvivisol.com/sleep/ but I didn't see any details on their machines. It looks like distribution may be limited to the UK. It looks like the data analysis may be limited to their in-house software.

Unless they release their software for home - or at least doctors' office - use, there's not much hope for self management.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
The Thread is very informative!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2022, 04:31 PM)Elvis61 Wrote: Good evening/morning everyone 
I had a Dolby cpap machine sent to me and still have the Philips Dreamstar which is one of the recall machines.
I wish I could have a choice from the sleep apnea clinic I have consulted with a lawyer who has advised me to hold onto the Dreamstar machine from Philips.
I would love to Thankyou you all for this forum
Hello,
Dolby CPAP, the former one I used. Now I changed to Resmed.

(06-04-2022, 05:41 AM)Peach25 Wrote: Id like to suggest that each machine has different settings that are not related to therapy delivery (prescriptive settings), like pressure relief on exhalation, 'dead' airspace (in the mask, determined by mask size) recognition, responses to events that the machine cant treat (ie: how CA's are recognised and mapped so the review of data can identify and flag, as well as the safest 'passive' way the machine adjusts when recognising events that are beyond the scope of its function. So, in my understanding, it's important to trial a variety of machines prior to committing to a purchase, as the prescription is crucial, but compliance and transition to therapy is aided greatly by the ancillary capabilities of a machine. Smile

Is it possible? Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2022, 12:32 PM)AngrySleepr Wrote: I experienced the Ibreeze 20A.
I wouldn't wish it on anyone!

Ahh. That’s what I came here to ask. I’m used to a Resmed Airsense 10, but I moved to a new state and new insurance co and new DME.  They said Airsense was hard to obtain right now, and Resvent iBreeze 20A was very similar.  That seems to be false.

Having opened nothing but the manual, I think I’ll call the DME and insist on an Airsense unit — because I can use OSCAR on it (and can’t  on the iBreeze) and because I can adjust the settings MYSELF on the Airsense.  At least, I can on the 10; I presume we have access to clinician menu on the 11 also.

Sigh. Time to call the new DME and pretend I’m a problem client.

Deb
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 6 310 2 hours ago
Last Post: pamm777
  New Machine Higher AHI Hauty 4 88 Yesterday, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Hauty
  drying out tubing with machine sleepingbetterinFl 2 200 04-15-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 171 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Do you stop your Airsense machine when you go to the bathroom during nighttime? dharma2255 10 317 04-12-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 157 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Should I look for an ASV machine? Arik 3 175 04-07-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Arik

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.