Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
RE: CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
I am a new comer and it's great to find this Apneaer home. I have used Resmed AirCurve 10 S (REF-37046) in Canada for 3 years with IPAP-16/EPAP-11 and Mask-Nasal, Ramp time-off.
However, my machine accidentally fell down and was completely broken couple days ago, and it looks like being non-repairable. Now I am looking for buying a new cheap one because my Insurance company no longer covers it until 2 years late. Can anyone give me the help as following:
1. I did some research that the cost of AirCurve 10 Vauto is cheaper than AirCurve 10 S which I was using. Are there really big different between 10 Vauto and 10 S because their prices are significantly different?
2. Even if the 10 Vauto, I found from Resmed website that there are three different Model codes: 37211/37212/37406, says 10 Vauto CO/10 Vauto TRI/10 Vauto CO-Canada. Are there any big different between the above three Models because their prices are also big different? What the means of CO/TRI are here?
I have to go to my DME to buy new one as soon as possible, and would appreciate who can give me the advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Believe it or not the Vauto is usually a more expensive, more full-featured machine. It has CPAP, VPAP-S and Vauto modes, so it can deliver the fixed pressures you previously used, but most of us use the Vauto feature to get variable pressure. In your case you could use Vauto mode with EPAP min 9.0, PS 5.0 and IPAP max 17.0, and the machine will self adjust between 14/9 to 17/12 (PS is pressure support and is the difference between IPAP and EPAP).

We have recently added Supplier #32, 34 and 35 to our Supplier list based on their very low prices for Canadian members. You should take a look at them. The only difference between the models you listed is non-heated or heated tube and Canada specific model.

37211 Aircurve 10 Vauto with Slimline tubing
37212 Aircurve 10 Vauto with Climateline heated tubing
37406 Aircurve 10 Vauto with Climateline heated tubing Canada

I am not familiar with the CO or TRI designations, but Canadian models are often more money than those produced for export or other countries, but have no difference in features.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Sleeprider! It's very helpful! Two further questions raised:
1. As to my case, can I buy a Resmed AirCurve 10 Vauto instead of my original Resmed AirCurve 10 S? The cost of A10 Vauto is much cheaper than A10 S. I was diagnosed as severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea 3 years ago.
2. As to the Canadian DME from our new updated Supplier list, usually they will make the initial settings for me, or they will mail to me a setting Instruction or Guide then I will have to set it by myself? I worry that it might be difficult to be set. As well, do they only sell the mode of 37406 (not 37211 or 37212) to me (I am in BC, Canada), says A10 Vauto CO-Canada only? Looks like that 37406 is also much more expensive than 37211/37212.
BTW, what means of S, Vauto, ST are from Resmed AirCurve 10?
Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
A prescription for the VPAP-S is good for the Vauto. Normally a supplier provides the S model to save money, and I have no idea why you are finding it more expensive, unless you are perhaps looking at a VPAP ST. The Vauto can be setup identically in S mode.

If you provide your prescription with the 16/11 settings, they will provide it setup that way in S-mode. Be sure to turn on EasyBreathe. You can then choose whether to try Vauto mode. If you want a clincian manual, you can obtain one free from Apnea Board by clicking on the CPAP Setup Manuals link at the top of this page. There is nothing difficult about setting up these machines.
Aircurve 10: Resmed's line of bilevel machines.
VPAP S: Fixed IPAP and EPAP 4-25 cm pressure. Also has CPAP mode.
Vauto: auto-adjusting IPAP and EPAP using a set pressure support. Also has S mode and CPAP mode
ST: Spontaneous-Timed bilevel 4-30 pressure. Automatically switches to IPAP if a breath is not taken in the time set. Also has S-mode and CPAP mode. Used for treating restrictive lung disorders and hypoventilation
ASV: Adaptive servo ventilation, provides auto-adjusting EPAP with variable pressure support, used for treating complex and central apnea and cheyne-stokes respiration.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Sleeprider, I feel very lucky and warm that I joined our Apneaer home, as well, I learned a lot from you! 
I will contact DME by the Supplier list tomorrow and may ask your help if I have more questions!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider,
I visited the website of CPAP Machine Canada (No 32 of Supplier List) .

It says the prices are:
AirCurve 10 Vauto: $1120
AirCurve 10 S: $3295
AirCurve 10 ST: $3295
AirCurve 10 ASV: $4995

I was confused if it is reasonable? The 10 Vauto should be more expensive than AirCurve 10 S?

Thanks!
Jeffrey

Here is the link:
Link and Attachment removed.  Instead, search CpapMachines Canada,  Supplier #32 for comparison of ResMed BiPAP machines.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, both the AirCurve 10 VAuto and S are covered by Ontario's ADP program, and should cost $1120.

I think my DME, FPM Solutiions, will sell anywhere in Canada for the Ontario ADP set price.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2019, 09:21 AM)pholynyk Wrote: Actually, both the AirCurve 10 VAuto and S are covered by Ontario's ADP program, and should cost $1120.

I think my DME, FPM Solutiions, will sell anywhere in Canada for the Ontario ADP set price.

Thank you! I will contact FPM Solution.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, I am new to Apnea Board.
I merely wanted to thank you for posting such valuable information. I hope in time to help others as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome aboard Sammis. It's good to have you here!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine Higher AHI Hauty 5 121 11 hours ago
Last Post: Abrecaminos
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 6 329 Yesterday, 02:40 PM
Last Post: pamm777
  drying out tubing with machine sleepingbetterinFl 2 200 04-15-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 178 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Do you stop your Airsense machine when you go to the bathroom during nighttime? dharma2255 10 318 04-12-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 159 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Should I look for an ASV machine? Arik 3 178 04-07-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Arik

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.