Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
(03-21-2018, 07:12 PM)astraith Wrote: What is "Central or Mixed Apnea"? Is there a way to tell if I have that or not? I didn't know there were different types (if there is information about this on the forum ... just link it, I just couldn't find it)

Astraith, post a SleepyHead chart, and we can go over it. The terms we use like obstructive, central or mixed apnea are defined in the Wiki Definitions. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...efinitions  And lots more information in the Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead .  Mixed apnea is often called complex apnrea and is someone that has both central and obstructive apnea.  Central and complex apnea often require an adaptive servo ventilator (ASV) for treatment rather than CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV Machine LarryRapp 611 12,259 7 minutes ago
Last Post: LarryRapp
  Finally got the ASV machine ! Josephdfco 3 94 7 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  odd smell from mask/machine--help! hegel 15 203 04-17-2018, 04:53 PM
  [Equipment] New and trying to find the right machine fs12 11 279 04-16-2018, 02:05 PM
  New machine, new thoughts? PsychoMike 12 438 04-13-2018, 11:13 PM
Last Post: facemir
Gross [Pressure] Need immediate help. [adjusting to different machine] Hellodare 72 1,893 04-10-2018, 10:13 PM
  Travel Cpap machine? Solar Rays 17 873 04-10-2018, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Hellodare