Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
(03-21-2018, 07:12 PM)astraith Wrote: What is "Central or Mixed Apnea"? Is there a way to tell if I have that or not? I didn't know there were different types (if there is information about this on the forum ... just link it, I just couldn't find it)

Astraith, post a SleepyHead chart, and we can go over it. The terms we use like obstructive, central or mixed apnea are defined in the Wiki Definitions. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...efinitions  And lots more information in the Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead .  Mixed apnea is often called complex apnrea and is someone that has both central and obstructive apnea.  Central and complex apnea often require an adaptive servo ventilator (ASV) for treatment rather than CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Hello Cook, I'll have my VA "consult" appointment in two days. I believe that will result in a machine and peripherals. Sounds like they took good care of you with regard to the machine. I'm worried about your difficulty in getting the necessary supplies. Is that an inherent problem when using the VA? I ask only because I also have good private insurance and could go that route if I need to.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can only speak to the VA at Viera/Lake Nona and theyhave been wonderful in getting a machine and supplies.

Good Luck.

Jarhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use tape, works well!
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure exactly what you're referring to there??
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] Machine cutting off, but no indication why eglm76932 18 274 Yesterday, 07:54 PM
Last Post: ShaunBlake
  New machine and I feel like crap Snore of Thunder 11 348 05-25-2018, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Ahi readings vary with machine yankees123 10 228 05-25-2018, 01:48 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] BMC Luna Auto CPAP Machine Fisherman 4 131 05-24-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Fisherman
  What happens if your machine breaks? speed3914 31 670 05-24-2018, 01:55 AM
Last Post: Homeskillet
  Back on the machine...well sorta DoubtFire61 1 112 05-23-2018, 04:25 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  [Equipment] Is it possible to get a new machine? Choirlady 29 885 05-21-2018, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Choirlady