Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
RE: CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
(05-05-2019, 10:22 AM)Lee Rilea Wrote: My computer does not have a sd card slot.

You may obtain a USB card reader from most big box stores and online. These typically cost less than $20 USD.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
They plug into a usb port on the computer?
Post Reply Post Reply
The card reader usually will have slots for several different card types and a USB plug to connect to your computer. Try searching the internet using the term, usb card reader. That way you will see images of what you will need.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. All this stuff is new to me and I'm not really tech savvy lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2019, 10:54 AM)Lee Rilea Wrote: They plug into a usb port on the computer?

Yes the SD card adapter will plug into the USB port on your computer. Let’s take this one step at a time and we can help you get to better treatment
Post Reply Post Reply
Lot of interesting info in this thread. I recently received a APAP from a Veteran Administration (VA) hospital (see under name). I literally had no idea what type of machine to expect and I sought out information after I received my unit. I did not get the SD card with my machine as they claimed I wouldn't need it. Instead of going through the hassle of dealing with the provider again I ended up buying a SD card online. That said this place is a wealth of information!
Post Reply Post Reply
You can get a sd card at Walmart or any electronics store or online for that matter. I have yet to use the VA for anything. Too much wasted time and red tape.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2019, 10:18 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Your machine should have an SD card in it.  If not, you can purchase one almost anywhere.

The machine will write the data to the SD card.

Install OSCAR on your computer.  

Once you have software installed, insert the SD card into your computer.  Upload the data to the software.

Then follow the directions below in my signature line to post a screenshot here.

Once you are ready, start a new thread with your data.

My first post ... be nice Smile

I have read on other posts in this forum PRIOR to using the SD card with your computer, "lock" the SD card by sliding the lock switch on the SD card.

This will prevent an operating system from adding hidden data to the card for use by the operating system if the operating system is so inclined.

The goal being by sliding the lock switch is to preserve the SD card in the format and structure as needed by the CPAP machine.

(I have also read references to the use of wireless SD cards and thus you don't have to take the SD card out of the CPAP and into your computer every time you want to use your application (OSCAR or the like).  You can then just request the data on demand.  Father's day is coming up - I may send some Amazon links accordingly as hints to my wife or kids.)

I have had my CPAP (ResMed 10 Autoset - AirFit F30) for 2 days now ... first night I actually did okay ... last night ... it was the wrestle with the hose - not sure who won Smile Looking forward to feeling awake one day.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would be very interested in your wireless SD card recommendations! Thanks and good luck with getting your sleep right soon!
Post Reply Post Reply
For wireless SD cards I recommend a Toshiba Flashair and the software flashpap to copy the files
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  drying out tubing with machine sleepingbetterinFl 2 171 10 hours ago
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 5 295 04-14-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: pamm777
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 153 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Do you stop your Airsense machine when you go to the bathroom during nighttime? dharma2255 10 299 04-12-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 145 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Should I look for an ASV machine? Arik 3 172 04-07-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Arik
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 216 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.