Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
RE: CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
(08-29-2019, 06:44 PM)OpalRose Wrote: I believe you are asking if the DreamStation Pro Cpap and the DreamStation Go Auto can use/share the same SD card.  The answer is no.  Although the same brand, these are two different machines and each require their own SD card.

Yes, that’s what I was asking. Oh well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2019, 11:16 AM)theoak Wrote:
(05-05-2019, 10:18 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Your machine should have an SD card in it.  If not, you can purchase one almost anywhere.

The machine will write the data to the SD card.

Install OSCAR on your computer.  

Once you have software installed, insert the SD card into your computer.  Upload the data to the software.

Then follow the directions below in my signature line to post a screenshot here.

Once you are ready, start a new thread with your data.

My first post ... be nice Smile

I have read on other posts in this forum PRIOR to using the SD card with your computer, "lock" the SD card by sliding the lock switch on the SD card.

This will prevent an operating system from adding hidden data to the card for use by the operating system if the operating system is so inclined.

The goal being by sliding the lock switch is to preserve the SD card in the format and structure as needed by the CPAP machine.

(I have also read references to the use of wireless SD cards and thus you don't have to take the SD card out of the CPAP and into your computer every time you want to use your application (OSCAR or the like).  You can then just request the data on demand.  Father's day is coming up - I may send some Amazon links accordingly as hints to my wife or kids.)

I have had my CPAP (ResMed 10 Autoset - AirFit F30) for 2 days now ... first night I actually did okay ... last night ... it was the wrestle with the hose - not sure who won Smile Looking forward to feeling awake one day.

Forgive the question...not real savvy on this...if I take the SD card out of my machine, it is unlocked.  Lock it before putting it in my computer?  and..when I put it back, unlock it again?
thanks very much!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2019, 08:18 AM)Palmtrees Wrote: ...if I take the SD card out of my machine, it is unlocked.  Lock it before putting it in my computer?  and..when I put it back, unlock it again?
thanks very much!

Yes.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Only the Resmed S9 series is affected by system files written to a SD card. For the Airsense or Aircurve 10, there is no need to lock the card ever.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2019, 10:30 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Only the Resmed S9 series is affected by system files written to a SD card.  For the Airsense or Aircurve 10, there is no need to lock the card ever.

My card said right on it to lock it and that is why I do and I have the Airsense 10.
1st (Aug 2019) thread: AirSense 10, Pressure: 6/18cmH₂O.
2nd (Oct 28th 2023) thread AirCurve10, Pressure: 21/17cmH₂O

Using Oscar and SleepHQ since my mobile phone is too old to support Resmed App.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2019, 05:13 PM)Apnea45 Wrote:
(09-01-2019, 10:30 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Only the Resmed S9 series is affected by system files written to a SD card.  For the Airsense or Aircurve 10, there is no need to lock the card ever.

My card said right on it to lock it and that is why I do and I have the Airsense 10.

There's no harm done if you lock the card, even if it's not strictly necessary. Just remember to unlock it before it goes back into your CPAP. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2019, 09:01 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 05:13 PM)Apnea45 Wrote:

There's no harm done if you lock the card, even if it's not strictly necessary. Just remember to unlock it before it goes back into your CPAP. Smile

On locking SD Cards, or more to the point, Card Readers...

There isn't any hard lock of the card itself. It only puts out a request to the reading device to "please don't write to me". How do I know? I bought a fairly expensive ($90-ish) IO Gear docking station for my 2018 MacBook Pro and it ignores the lock request (not defective, just the way IO Gear engineers decided to designed it). A much less expensive ($12-ish) UNI brand (card reader/interface only) does observe the Lock request. And a very ancient reader (painfully slow) that I have also observes the SD card's Lock request.

So if you have a ResMed S9 and are having problems because of hidden files being written to the SD card, do a quick test by locking a test SD card and see if you can write to it. I found out that expensive all-in-one isn't necessarily better. But otherwise, it is fast. And my PAP is a ResMed ASV. So it doesn't matter in my case.

I hope this helps a few ResMed S9 folks out there from banging their heads against the wall trying to make sense out strange SD card problems.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I fell into Apneaboard early this morning and I am absolutely impressed with the amount of information available.   I'm currently a no equipment newbie, that is looking at an ASV titration study in a couple of weeks.  I did my initial sleep study a week ago.  Looking forward to asking many questions.

Hvy
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the Apnea Board Hvywgt. When it's time we'll help with your ASV. My personal opinion is go for the ResMed 10 series ASV.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks Mr. Dave. From what I have read that seems to be my going choice.

Hvy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 39 Yesterday, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 93 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Should I look for an ASV machine? Arik 2 83 03-26-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 96 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 135 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 310 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 633 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.