Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
RE: CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
I agree with Dave.

I've had the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV for a little over a year.  It is an amazing machine.  It seems to respond instantly as it is supposed to.  And its parameters are easily adjusted as needed.  The toughest part for me was finding the best mask.  If you have any problems with your mask (pillows, hybrid, or whatever you get) as far as leakage, discomfort, or anything, don't give up.  There are many great choices available.  You can search the forum for specific masks and read other people's experiences and/or go directly to the Mask Review section.

Maybe I was a bit late to the party, but it took me a full year to discover and try my ResMed AirFit F30 hybrid (ResMed calls it a Full Face Mask) mask which is so comfortable and leak-free for me.  I actually look forward to using it and getting a great night sleep.

Everybody has different needs.  If you have centrals or mixed apneas, the ResMed ASV bubbles up to the top.  It will serve you well.  There may be a challenge in finding the best mask though.  So, please don't get too frustrated but ask away if you feel your mask isn't working out.

Welcome
RayBee

My personal journey:
1/14/18 - Sleep Study, 40 AHI, Mixed Apnea (Oh joy).
Next 7 months in the circus - 6 studies, 4 xPAP machines, 8 masks, loads of poor help and misinformation.
8/20/18 - Prescription finally in-hand.
9/4/18 - I purchased  my ResMed ASV machine & F20 Mask from Supplier #2.
9/12/18 - Received my equipment... And another Hose-Head was hatched.
10/27/18 - Discovered an oasis here at the Apnea Board (You guys and dolls rock).

Seek professional help and advice from your sleep doctors. And if you get tired of the bureaucratic BS and fleecing of your hard-earned cash, exit the Twilight Zone. You have found sanctuary here at the ApneaBoard…
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
Thanks.  I think I'll wait until next year ro pursue this any further.   Dont-know
MikeyT

In the Thumb of Michigan.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed S9 to A10 "upgrade" - Huge jump in AHI, CA, H, OA events - battling machine SleeplessInPHX 55 1,078 4 hours ago
Last Post: jaswilliams
  New Machine Doesn't "Auto" tgurske 5 111 01-22-2020, 07:16 AM
Last Post: tgurske
  ResMed AirSense 10 Machine Lifespan? dreamstream 11 448 01-21-2020, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
Grin [Treatment] Noob member here. Need help setting machine. harlank 3 93 01-21-2020, 08:34 AM
Last Post: harlank
  A problem with the machine or a very strange breathing pattern? dark 4 144 01-20-2020, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Reluctance to sell a ASV machine Feedsack 19 547 01-14-2020, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Feedsack
  Turn Machine "on" and off" OSCAR Pat Knoll 15 321 01-13-2020, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Pat Knoll

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.