Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
RE: CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
Look at the front of your unit as shown in this pic:
[should say "AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite or CPAP"]

All will be fully data capable except CPAP.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you - I see I have the AutoSet. I found the SD card slot - Now to get an SD card! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Any SD card from 2GB up to 32 GB. Must be in your Cpap while you sleep.

When you're ready, start a new thread in the Main Forum, titled something like: Abletree's Therapy Thread and post a Screenshot of your data. Use the F12 key to take that screenshot.

Follow the links below in my signature line to guide you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why thank you OpalRose! I will do just as you suggest as soon as I get my card in my machine. I'm grateful for your guidance
Post Reply Post Reply
The model name is found on the lower right corner of the machine, beside the water tank.
AirSense 10 CPAP - fixed pressure, no usable data
AirSense 10 Elite - fixed pressure, full data
AirSense 10 Autoset - adjustable pressure, full data
AirSense 10 Autoset for Her - adjustable pressure, additional algorithm, full data

At the current moment, I believe the AirSense 11 Autoset is the only 11-series available, and it includes the 'for Her' algorithm
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your reply. I believe you are correct. I chose the AutoSet 10 instead of the 11 for a few reasons. I have 1 year to be able to switch out my machine - who knows - I may even end up with a bipap after my followup with the doctor - or I might go for the 11 after it has been vetted by the public Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello OpalRose! - I have just posted my " Abletree's Therapy Thread " on the main board with my sleep study and details. Thank you for this suggestion Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
When getting a new machine, is it possible to order one that has never been opened? I am capable of setting it myself. How do I ask for that?

Yes I know it’s been touched in the factory, I’d just like as few hands on it as possible and I remember how my DME rep touched mine all over and set it on a pile of stuff as he entered the room and fiddled with stuff and picked it up again while he titrated it. And touched it after using his pen (which my mother jokingly has called a “flu stick” all my life, I was born with a poor immune system so we learned to avoid everything in flu season).
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello! I am looking for some basic advice. My old diagnosis of only obstructive had me on a dreamstation that was recalled.  New sleep test, new diagnosis of central AND obstructive sleep apnea. What machine do I need? My doc sent me over to the supplier to get set up with a Resmed ASV. When I got there, the technician said in her training, she was taught that Complex sleep apnea required a machine with a “back up rate”. She said the blowing air alone would not force me to breathe when I stop. I have been waiting 10 months with NO MACHINE to get correct one for my new diagnosis. So I refused the Resmed ASV, hoping to research to find what I really need. My doc office was really angry that technician told me that. Doc office said I do not need a backup rate. So what is true? I am on Medicare now and fear they will never get me another machine so I don’t want to accept the wrong thing now. The assistant at doc office said machines are so hard to get now I might wait a year. Are they trying to make me accept less than what I need because of the shortage? My apnea score is high, >50.
Post Reply Post Reply
Having a backup rate means to supply PS, pressure AFTER an event occurs and you don't breathe within the rate specified by that parameter.

ASV works by applying PS as needed on the very same breath that is the problem when your volume goes down a little.

Get the ASV, no question in my mind.

By the Tech description the backup rate will not ever work because all it ever does is produce a puff of air. That is totally false
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine Higher AHI Hauty 4 66 Yesterday, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Hauty
  drying out tubing with machine sleepingbetterinFl 2 197 04-15-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 5 301 04-14-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: pamm777
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 167 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Do you stop your Airsense machine when you go to the bathroom during nighttime? dharma2255 10 315 04-12-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 154 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Should I look for an ASV machine? Arik 3 174 04-07-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Arik

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.