Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Machine cutting off, but no indication why
Question 
Machine cutting off, but no indication why
I'm a long time CPAP user and I believe I have a good basic understanding of how my REsmed Airsense 10 works. The machine is only a few months old. Over the last week or so I have had probs with my machine cutting off while I am asleep. I wake up because I feel like I am suffocating only to find that the machine is off.  There is no indicator that my mask has leaked. When it happens I immediately look at the machine and lift my mask a little and the machine come back on. This happens 2-3 times a night. Very annoying as it takes a while to go back to sleep. My first thought is an ill fitting mask or a mask leak, but there is no red face indicator, I don't feel air leaking, and there is no noise of air leaking. Just wondering if  anyone might have an idea of what else it could be. Can't remember the last time I had a good night's sleep. Feeling very befuddled.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Machine cutting off, but no indication why
I would be check the power cord to make sure it's secure. It's possible you got a bad power cord.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you have SmartStart on, try turning it off to see if this elevates your problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Thank you. It was a little loose,
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2018, 05:31 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you have SmartStart on, try turning it off to see if this elevates your problem.

Yep, I have that on, and when I have large leaks when I lay on my back, the machine has cut off twice. I normally sleep on my sides, and don't have the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2018, 05:31 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you have SmartStart on, try turning it off to see if this elevates your problem.

UPDATE:  YEP. Smart Start was the culprit. I should have known.  I was able to sleep through the night,  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Nice!

Resmed did a very good job at making smart start work. Almost too good!
Post Reply Post Reply
I had that exact problem with my AirSense 10 Auto the first night of use. Smart Start was on and the report the next morning said I had 4 On/Off events...that I didn't recall even stopping once in the entire night. I turned smart start off and haven't had an issue since.

Going back later and looking at the data in SleepyHead, I was in the middle of a cluster of high leak and apnea events occurring when the system shut down.

That seems a little buggy to me and should be addressed by ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm.... I still have mine on (and it stopped last night). Debating turning it off, but then again 0 events for 4 nights in a row...
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 Cutting Out? scarcek 2 164 09-06-2018, 01:29 AM
Last Post: PoolQ
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 75 82,575 08-07-2018, 04:47 PM
Last Post: bfmccarthy
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 2,038 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 13 2,017 05-04-2017, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Remstar Auto A-flex intermittently cutting off babydoss 13 4,429 03-18-2015, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Gross air cutting out in middle of night figurethisout 13 3,322 08-27-2014, 04:03 PM
Last Post: daddyhominum
  [CPAP] Keeps cutting off! Lisa Sanders 10 2,799 08-24-2014, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Shastzi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.