Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Machine cutting off, but no indication why
Question 
Machine cutting off, but no indication why
I'm a long time CPAP user and I believe I have a good basic understanding of how my REsmed Airsense 10 works. The machine is only a few months old. Over the last week or so I have had probs with my machine cutting off while I am asleep. I wake up because I feel like I am suffocating only to find that the machine is off.  There is no indicator that my mask has leaked. When it happens I immediately look at the machine and lift my mask a little and the machine come back on. This happens 2-3 times a night. Very annoying as it takes a while to go back to sleep. My first thought is an ill fitting mask or a mask leak, but there is no red face indicator, I don't feel air leaking, and there is no noise of air leaking. Just wondering if  anyone might have an idea of what else it could be. Can't remember the last time I had a good night's sleep. Feeling very befuddled.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine cutting off, but no indication why
I would be check the power cord to make sure it's secure. It's possible you got a bad power cord.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you have SmartStart on, try turning it off to see if this elevates your problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. It was a little loose,
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2018, 05:31 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you have SmartStart on, try turning it off to see if this elevates your problem.

Yep, I have that on, and when I have large leaks when I lay on my back, the machine has cut off twice. I normally sleep on my sides, and don't have the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2018, 05:31 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you have SmartStart on, try turning it off to see if this elevates your problem.

UPDATE:  YEP. Smart Start was the culprit. I should have known.  I was able to sleep through the night,  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice!

Resmed did a very good job at making smart start work. Almost too good!
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
I had that exact problem with my AirSense 10 Auto the first night of use. Smart Start was on and the report the next morning said I had 4 On/Off events...that I didn't recall even stopping once in the entire night. I turned smart start off and haven't had an issue since.

Going back later and looking at the data in SleepyHead, I was in the middle of a cluster of high leak and apnea events occurring when the system shut down.

That seems a little buggy to me and should be addressed by ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm.... I still have mine on (and it stopped last night). Debating turning it off, but then again 0 events for 4 nights in a row...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  airsense 11 cutting off in therapy alphamale 1 278 01-11-2024, 12:17 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Airsense 10 cutting off repeatedly at night. coldfeet7 4 316 12-31-2023, 09:37 PM
Last Post: coldfeet7
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,198 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Cheyne stokes indication on Prisma Lejay 10 1,029 11-01-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,797 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Resmed AirSense 10 cutting off at night CHS32 3 3,475 07-30-2021, 11:13 AM
Last Post: LindanHotAir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.