Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Sex: Female

RE: CPAP Malfunction?
(08-02-2016 05:56 PM)trevo745 Wrote:  I actually haven't. My pulmonologist looked at my data and said it looks fine. I'm just having a hard time of understanding why I feel this way and everything looks normal according to my cpap. My primary is getting an oximeter test done for me this week. Yet again I don't understand how I could have low oxygen and low ahi.... that doesn't seem to make since. I assume that high ahi=low oxygen.

I have low oxygen and low AHI because I have a slow heartbeat (bradycardia). There are two things you can do. Contact your DME and ask them to test the pressures using a manometer. Once verified that it has correct pressures, then see your primary to rule out other causes of tiredness. For instance, high blood sugar or anemia can cause similar tiredness as can malfunctioning thyroid.
08-03-2016 09:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
trevo745 Offline

Members

Machine: Phiilips resporonics System One
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: resmed quattro
Humidifier: Phillips
CPAP Pressure: 13.5
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: Phillips resporonics system I e

Sex: Male

I am doing g my oxymitry tonight. Wish me luck. Using sleepy head I have found some leak issues I think. Over the last several months that my leak medians have been between 8 & 12, which don't seem high, but when compared to the first 2 years of therapy when I was averaging 0-5. I think it's enough of a change to c a difference in my cognitive abilities. I have had my machine for 2.5 years and haven't replaced any parts except for 2 hoses. So I went and bought a new hose, mask cushion, strap, air filter & also cut my beard off to eliminate any unnecessary leaks. Thanx for the help
08-03-2016 10:13 PM
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

(08-03-2016 10:13 PM)trevo745 Wrote:  Over the last several months that my leak medians have been between 8 & 12, which don't seem high, but when compared to the first 2 years of therapy when I was averaging 0-5. I think it's enough of a change to c a difference in my cognitive abilities.

I agree with your conclusion, but I'm not sure that leak statistics can be used to draw that conclusion. You have to look at the leak graph to see if the leak rate is elevated for significant periods of time.

Quote:I have had my machine for 2.5 years and haven't replaced any parts except for 2 hoses. So I went and bought a new hose, mask cushion, strap, air filter & also cut my beard off to eliminate any unnecessary leaks. Thanx for the help

Hopefully the new mask cushion, along with the shave, will fix the problem. Best of luck to you. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
08-04-2016 02:20 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
player Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed A10 Autoset For Her
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed A10
Humidifier: Resmed A10 Autosset
CPAP Pressure: 11-16
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: It's a... mad world...

It's good you are taking care of the obvious stuff.

I also wonder why only 6.5 hrs per night. I need between 8-12.
08-05-2016 11:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Resmed Aircurve 10 VAUTO malfunction Sleeprider 3 524 05-01-2016 04:16 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Airsense 10 for Her Humidifier Malfunction-Help! bluemom51 18 2,168 10-22-2015 10:10 AM
Last Post: sonicboom
  airsense 10 autoset malfunction? sonicboom 49 9,781 10-08-2015 12:08 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
Gross Recording malfunction on Aircurve 10 ASV, DME fight. JVinNE 8 1,466 06-06-2015 07:21 AM
Last Post: storywizard
  [Equipment] equipment malfunction? Louise 2 1,667 08-18-2013 09:11 PM
Last Post: zonk
  Can CPAP malfunction? Ulrika 4 3,998 05-18-2012 05:37 PM
Last Post: zonk