Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Mask Noise
Mask Noise
I have a ResMed nasal mask and all is well except for the mask is noisy due to turbulent airflow through the mask (the machine is quiet) - does anyone know of any tricks to reduce the noise?

I can't situate the mask in any manner that seems to much reduce the noise in the mask. I need to keep a fan going or some other type of noise because if its quiet I can't sleep for the racket. Its been 6 months since I started CPAP and all is well except I still cannot sleep in my own bed with my wife.

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Noise
Your profile says you use the Eson. That's a F&P mask, not a Resmed mask. What mask are you using that is making the noise?

Any time a mask is noisy, the first step is to make sure it is put together correctly. Even if you have done it a hundred times, check it again.

If it is an older mask, get another one. While you wait for it to arrive, take a very soft toothbrush and clean the area where the air comes out.

If it is a new mask, send it back and request another. Could be a lemon.

You can also switch to another nasal mask.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have an Eson too, it is silent. If it is an Eson that you are using, it is either defective or put together wrong as Paula says.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi BucketHead,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
which Resmed machine do you have?
Good luck finding a mask that works well for you, it can be the most challenging part of this whole thing.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Thank you all. I never really considered that it might be assembled wrong or defective. I had assumed I would need to employ a "hack". I will take a closer look.

Thx
BH
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,303 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 92 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 147 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,605 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 360 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 596 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Noise tblaster 4 345 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: tblaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.