Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Mask panic after long term use
RE: Mask panic after long term use
So glad you checked! Calibration is so important in these machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
On checking the clinical manual (thanks for the download guys)I found that changing the calibration is only marginally more difficult process than adjusting the set pressure, provided you have the right equipment, which I do.
So last night I performed of the recalibration. Kept the pressure settings as originally prescribed, Took 2mg of benzo, and slept for seven hours with the mask in place
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it just me or does this board have a lot of engineer and tech types?
Many of us seem quite comfortable with tech stuff.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2015, 10:01 AM)ryan63 Wrote: On checking the clinical manual (thanks for the download guys)I found that changing the calibration is only marginally more difficult process than adjusting the set pressure, provided you have the right equipment, which I do.
So last night I performed of the recalibration. Kept the pressure settings as originally prescribed, Took 2mg of benzo, and slept for seven hours with the mask in place

Good job Ryan! Very pleased to hear of your success.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2015, 10:05 AM)trailrider Wrote: Is it just me or does this board have a lot of engineer and tech types?
Many of us seem quite comfortable with tech stuff.

Yep yep. Noticed that straight away. Made me wonder if the genes that affect sleep apnea also give you an engineering edge. lol
-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2015, 10:01 AM)ryan63 Wrote: On checking the clinical manual (thanks for the download guys)I found that changing the calibration is only marginally more difficult process than adjusting the set pressure, provided you have the right equipment, which I do.

Yay! Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 155 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 561 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 616 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  CPAP for panic attacks HalfAsleep 3 284 02-03-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 6,817 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.