Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Mask type setting for mask fit
Mask type setting for mask fit
I have a Dreamstation cpap machine. What is the correct mask setting in the setup menu to measure for mask leaks. It gives me a choice of x1 to x5. I am using either a TAP Pap nasal pillow or a ResMed AirFit P10 nasal pillow. Right now the setting is at off. Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask type setting for mask fit
To the best of my knowledge, Philips recommends that any mask, other than a Philips brand, be set to off or 0 (zero).
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask type setting for mask fit
Since you're using a mask other than Respironics, leave the Resistance setting to Off.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 185 5 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 106 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Finding the Correct Mask snpperhd 6 140 04-13-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: snpperhd
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 975 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 239 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  New to CPAP and struggling with my mask. jmswjunk4 2 74 04-11-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 145 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.