Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Maybe Insufficient flow in travel APAP?
Maybe Insufficient flow in travel APAP?
Hello! I am a satisfied user of Resmed Airsense 10 autoset. Being a mountaineering enthusiast, I bought a little Breas Z1 autoset a few years ago, but it has been an absolute failure. I can't sleep with it, the feeling is as if the machine is not able to provide all the air I need, or at least not as fast as I need it. I don't know if it will be a problem of it not matching my breathing well with the Breas algorithms, or that the small motors on the travel APAPs don't provide enough airflow for me. I'm thinking about buying a Resmed AirMini, but I'm afraid the same thing might happen to me as with the Breas Z1, that I'll feel the same choking sensation. The Resmed's maximum flow data is in the manuals, but I can't find the Breas Z1 data to compare and have more data to make the decision. Does anyone suffer the same problem or know the Breas flow data, or have any comments on the subject?

Thanks in advance!!
Jorge
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 7 224 1 hour ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 0 19 1 hour ago
Last Post: ahuman
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,677 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 303 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 110 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,607 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.