Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Medicare with Medicaid insurance question
Medicare with Medicaid insurance question
Greetings,

I've been on CPAP for about two years and doing quite well, sleeping much better.

I just retired and went on Medicare with Medicaid.  My current supplier takes Medicare but not Medicaid.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a supplier who takes both Medicare and Medicaid?  

Thank you in advance for the information.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Medicare with Medicaid insurance question
Hi, Typical Leo

In general, with Medicare, your doctor would refer you to a Medicare-authorized durable medical equipment (DME) supplier for CPAP equipment and supplies.  Hopefully, your doctor would be able to refer you to one that is also authorized for Medicaid.

BTW, a couple of weeks ago, someone asked about Medicare Medicaid dual plans.  No one commented on that thread who had actually had experience with them.  

In my area, United Healthcare is currently advertising their dual plan, which sounds attractive on the company website.  If you google Medicare Medicaid dual plans United's website will probably pop up, and perhaps other companies, like Kaiser Permanente.  If it's like Medicare Advantage plans, the providers may vary by state and even locality.

Anyway, a dual plan would most likely have a contract with a particular DME for CPAP.

Good luck and please report back on any solutions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for the information.  I didn't know about the dual plans.  If I choose one, I'll post how it turned out for me.  

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, again,TypicalLeo

Today I noticed advertisements for Aetna's Medicare Medicaid dual plan in my area.  

I looked for more information on dual plans the Medicare.gov website and learned that dual plans are not available in every state.  They sound like a subset of Medicare Advantage plans, which are worth looking into, in any case.

Here's the page I was looking at:

https://www.medicare.gov/basics/costs/help/medicaid
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 196 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 224 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  CPAP and Medicare and yearly Rx renewal silverchief2 8 272 04-08-2024, 06:58 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,639 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 215 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 304 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 250 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.