Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] CPAP trial
CPAP trial
Hi Everyone

I am newly diagnosed with moderate OSA
My respiratory doctor has given me what I suppose is a referral for a CPAP trial.
My question is do I have to use the sleep technician he referred me to (who also did my sleep study) or am I able to source it from somewhere else?
Feeling overwhelmed

Beth
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP trial
If your on Medicare , he may of referred you to the one that he knows that actually is approved by Medicare.
Post Reply Post Reply
It really only matters which Cpap he gives you. The 2 most used here and can be used for OSCAR charts are ResMed 10 or 11 AUTOSET (autoset is the key word) or dreamstation 2.

Once you have the machine you will find you almost never will see or talk to the tech.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Beth161, I assume your doctor sent a prescription to a DME or clinic for them to fill. You can research your insurance to find DMEs that are in-network for you and choose the one you want. All you need to do is call the DME of your choice, let them know your doctor sent the prescription to a different provider, but you want them to provide the services. They will contact your doctor for the prescription. You can decline services from a provider you did not choose but got the doctor's order. It makes no difference. You get to choose as long as the provider is in-network.

Be sure to get copies of your sleep study results and prescription for your personal records. Never be hustled to use a provider that is not your choice.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OP's profile indicates Beth is in Australia. Rules there are different than in the US. If insurance is not involved, then I would think that she could go anywhere that can dispense a CPAP machine.

Someone more familiar with CPAP dispensing in Australia may be able to help.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you All

Yes 
I'm an Aussie
Have organised a trial just now
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  CPAP trial - Improvements but exhausted still prairiesleeper 7 518 10-02-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 582 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  [CPAP] Machine trial with Kaiser KKoelle 5 692 08-08-2023, 11:52 AM
Last Post: KKoelle
  New to CPAP - on week 4 of 6 week trial - Any Sefam S.Box users out there? Kingsway 14 1,715 07-26-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: dbcpap
  Trial Ending - a few questions jcw1407 1 409 05-30-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Sleep Study results, 1 month trial APAP - OSCAR breakdown pilothaz 9 1,018 04-08-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: pilothaz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.